2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Lobo Jim said:
in Port A, Aransas Pass area for catfish trip, pole and line are jugline.
Have a 22ft Baystealth Tunnel!
Lobo Jim [email protected] 361-758-6993
LOBO JIM,
Dat sounds excellent,but,alas,I cannot cast 1200 mi.:eek:hwell: Done the redfish/speck [email protected] Hatteras,NC;Mosqitoe Lagoon,Fla,etc. and it's a blast...Hope some of the fellas can hook ya up!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Lobo Jim,
The NightTrain and I are going fishing Thursday night on Lake Gaston, on the border of Virginia and North Carolina. I can't speak for NightTrain, but if it were up to me we would make room in the boat for anyone willing to drive all the way up from Texas to fish with me.

If you ever find yourself in the Richmond Virginia area, give me a shout and we'll give the cats a go on The James. I'm trying to learn how to catch big fish, so maybe you can share some tips with me.... Last time out I nearly had the skunk in the boat, but a catman showed me a chart of the river with all his honey holes marked on it and I was about fifty yards off three of his favorite holes without knowing about them... so, it looks like I'm getting close to understanding the right kind of water to fish... I just stink at anchoring my boat and catching bait....

Tom<><

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Lobo Jim...

Yeah...what he said.Southside Virginia...let's make it happen,cap'm!!:)

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hey, I am closer than those two, (can you catch big flounder) Besides all NightTrain wants to do is catch those finicky ole flatheads. :) LOL ;)

But, seriously though, How far are you from Houston as I would like someone to trade a catfish trip for a trip around Houston/Galveston. Or at least tell me where to catch them in a few weeks.

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
mudd_catt said:
Hey, I am closer than those two, (can you catch big flounder) Besides all NightTrain wants to do is catch those finicky ole flatheads. :) LOL ;)

But, seriously though, How far are you from Houston as I would like someone to trade a catfish trip for a trip around Houston/Galveston. Or at least tell me where to catch them in a few weeks.
Not true,my friend,I'm partial to anything that's big,mean,and pulls hard!!:ac550:

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got back in to town and read yalls messages, I am located in Aransas Pass 9 miles from Port Aransas. Now talking about Flounder me and 2 buddies picked up 30 gigging 2 weeks ago up to 20 inches, in the summer we get mostly males which are smaller. In Oct we picked up 30 that went from 18 to 25 inches in less than 2 hours.
I am always ready to go fishing so drop me a line if anyone is in my area. and watch out I am retired and may jump in the truck and take you up on that offer in Virginia.
SHARP HOOKS !!! Lobo Jim

·
Registered
550 Posts
I would rather catch them as gig. I had a bad experience with a ray about 14 years ago, and don't even like to wade that much. But I will. I liked to drag a jig tipped with a piece of pinfish filet across the bottom in Biloxi, but haven't been able to go in several years. Don't be scared to jump in a the truck and head to North MS, either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts