1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
fish control my brain
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Bayou Burner
706 Posts
I have a few of the 3600 sized boxes for hard baits and terminal tackle-Been using them for a few years now. Never noticed any scent coming from them. I don’t sniff my baits though, lol. The rust inhibitor seems to help, as I usually try to dry off plugs before I put them back in their place. Pretty good product, imo.

I have another deep box from them for soft plastic storage that has huge dividers and works great for what I wanted it for.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Muddskipper: This is from Flambeau's website...

Flambeau's exclusive Zerust® VCI products consist of a proprietary chemical formulation that releases an invisible, odorless, tasteless, and FDA-safe vapor that diffuses throughout an enclosed Tuff Tainer® and settles on all exposed metal surfaces to form a protective molecular layer that inhibits the electrochemical reactions that cause rust and corrosion to form.

·
Catch a New Personal - Learn How!
12,764 Posts
I have used those Zerust dividers and I've not seen any reduction of fish biting. not sure I've seen a big reduction in rust either.. maybe a small reduction. If you like the design of the tackle box get it, but if you're getting it solely for the rust reduction I don't think it's worth it.

Rinse tackle and let it dry immediately is the best solution. My buddy Reed A has a cleaning table at their cabin that gets good wind.. I think it would be even better in the sun.. or for those of you that don't have that.. rinse at home and blot dry and leave lid open on counter or garage counter until dry.

Most of the time the hook is set before the fish 'taste' or 'smell' the lure.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Plastic has a very low absorbency rate .. 3% for water... it’s why your Tupperware never smells like spaghetti .. it won’t do anything .even if there is surface residuals.. 2 or 3 casts and it’s washed off

1 - 5 of 5 Posts