2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on vacation this week and I want the surf to explode like it did last week since I missed all the action. You guys killed me all week telling the stories of all the topwater action. It looks like the same situation is playing out down there with the first 100 yards being trashed for awhile then it turning on fire once it clears. Anyone seen the surf or think it will clear tommorrow?

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
still off color when i drove home this afternoon. every morning the sw wind is blowing when i get up at 3am. the wind report says variable thurs. it could get green, but good water is way out.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
NO, the wind in the morning will be light NW or WNW so it won't clear even with the tide. protected areas like right next to the Surfside jetties and the North jetty may be green.
Friday looks like the day to me........

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
i say friday too. A touch of east in the wind then. Any wind with West in it then the water will be off color. Even if it is blowing at 5 mph.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Keep hoping for a south/ southeast wind. Its not been that way in the last few days so the surf is dirty. Doesnt mean you couldnt wade the bay and a couple of the coves.

BUT that doesnt mean you should not try the beach. Never know what will surprise you out there, just be prepared to re-consider your 'A' gameplan, try to be flexible.

sb:>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts