2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to livingston this morning and found the whites had scattered off the humps mand gone to stucture closer to the bank, around 15'. I trolled up a dozen and then cast out some bluecat lines with cutbait at the hump and caught 1, 33", 1 25" and several about 3lbs.
After laying in the AC for the afternoon I talked my wife into a late evening boat ride. We left out of the state park and went around Pine Island and then towards Browder's Marina just about an hour before sunset.
The lake was rough with 21/2, to 3' swells right at sundown. I spotted a flock of birds working over bass and motored over. They were busting the top and killing shad right and left. A slab spoon cast into the school was an imediate hookup with a 14 to 15" bass. I used the motor to hold us against the wind and waves for 27 big white bass in about 15 minuets.
Then it was over, those big ole brutes that you hardly ever see were feeding with abandon and we were in the right place at the right time!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Great catch! Thanks for the report. Can you launch from the state park now or is the water still too low?

·
Registered
14,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The State park is fine for launching, I have a 19' deep V and I have no trouble launching there, there is some **** that will ding your prop just behind the ramp so trim upu high untill you get aways from the ramp.

·
Tabkha, The Ultimate Day Fishing
43 Posts
L. Livingston Ranp

You don't have to use the state park. You can use the marina in Onalaska, off of 190, Lakeside Marina.
You can also put in at Beacon Bay. BB is a protected harbor. Quick run from there to Pine Island. BB is at the end of 350.

·
Registered
14,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I buy the yearly pass to state parks and save a few bucks launching. I go almost everyday during June and July so it adds up at $5 a pop. Beacon Bay does have a great ramp with protected harbor, and the island, and the Lump are close by with plenty of white bass at both spots right now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts