2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Gettin' Bent
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the opprotunity to take my wife to Patskat's ranch (The Diamondback Ranch). I will truley say that it is a 180 acres of pure heaven and relaxation in Menard, TX. On the first morning shortly after daylight we had a group of 5 does come in, we didn't take shot because we were going through a practice run of what to do. 20 min. later a loner came out and we decided to take her. Now this is the cool part. There had been excitement in the truck the whole way up there that grew and transfered into the blind. This was her first deer hunt ever, and she now had the green light to pull the trigger and make some noise. Everything was cool until I told her to shoot, that's when the entire blind started shaking. lol She did gain her composure and when the dust settled there was fur laying on the ground. She shot a little far forward and took out the wind pipe and brisket. We had a little issue of the deer wanting to run off , but was easily recovered. The greatest part of this trip was that it made me realize how much I loved getting away and relaxing in the woods. I hadn't been deer hunting in probably 7 yrs, but that is about to change because I now have a new hunting partner that is also my best friend. Once again Patrick, I appreciate everything and I think I'm gonna spend a little more time on dry land next winter.

Attachments

·
W.W.
7,397 Posts
NICE, had to look again to see the deer, wish I could get my wife to shoot a deer, she loves PORK....WW

·
Registered
162 Posts
I APPRECIATE THE KIND WORDS, MICHAEL. YOU AND MELISSA ARE WELCOME ANYTIME ! WE HAD A GREAT NEW YEARS WITH YA'LL!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts