2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK,boys....Time to fess up....baits you have used,but , until now,were afraid to mention,for fear of bein' thought "odd".I, confess to have tried cut eel and most recently,my"partner in slime",Jeff,has been giggin' the snot out of bullfrogs...we used the legless,gut drippin',head/bodies on the jugs.Come on...spit it out guys.:rotfl:

·
Registered
138 Posts
NightTrain said:
OK,boys....Time to fess up....baits you have used,but , until now,were afraid to mention,for fear of bein' thought "odd".I, confess to have tried cut eel and most recently,my"partner in slime",Jeff,has been giggin' the snot out of bullfrogs...we used the legless,gut drippin',head/bodies on the jugs.Come on...spit it out guys.:rotfl:
Bullfrog heads are one of the best setline baits on the planet. But like I said before...you gotta let 'em sit outside in a bucket half-full of water for a few days before you use them to sweeten them up.

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read on here recently(can't remember the poster...sorry)about groundhog livers bein' good bait...also,deer livers/hearts.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Groundhog livers huh, that's a new one. The only question I have is how does one get enough bait for a fishing trip? We shoot groundhogs around here but usually only two or at the most three per day. And I could see channels or small blues eating fresh deer liver since it is such a bloody organ. But I think I'll leave the entails where they lay when I field dress my deer this year because I'm not bringing organs out of the woods in plastic baggies:)

·
Registered
451 Posts
Bologna soaked in stink bait. Sat on a creek bank in OK & six of us limited out on channels...
regards SAK

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya'll haven't ever "experimented"...

...tryin' to find an edge...you know,the "catfish candy"...so far,the bologna dipped in stinkbait wins(thanks,SAK)...Step up to the mike and admit your "fishin'faus pax"...dats french for ya'll Tennessee boys!!:rotfl: :wink: :slimer: :rotfl: :slimer:

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
ok I have used BBQ suasage once and cought about 4 blues on it........JJ

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
cigaret filter

One time my buddies and I were out on conroe tearing up the cats and ran out of chicken liver but still had the juice in the bottom of the container so we peeled the paper off a cigaret filter and but the filter on a treble hook and would dip the filter into the juice. Worked pretty well too.

·
Registered
728 Posts
We went out and couldn't find bait so I used lunch... fried chicken skin... fried chicken livers... caught the heck out of 'em....

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
See....

...I knew I wuzn't da only one "thinkin' too much"!Keep 'em comin'...Love the juiced up butt...dat's insane!!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Ok, heres desperate. Gut the fish you are gonna keep, and use their liver. Oh Yeah, BUBBLE GUM. Strawberry flavor Bubble Yum.

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think ******* or somebody...

...posted about freezin' shad in cherry koolaid,or sumpin' like that...that's different.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Cut up a chicken breast, throw it in a bag with 2 packs of strawberry jello. I've used that for years in pay lakes and done quite well on small channels.

·
We all have it coming......
8,792 Posts
Gonna try deer and hog heart/liver/kidney this year. If it works as good as beef kidney, I'm set for the year. If I can find enough freezer space. :D

·
Registered
728 Posts
TXPalerider said:
Gonna try deer and hog heart/liver/kidney this year. If it works as good as beef kidney, I'm set for the year. If I can find enough freezer space. :D
I tried beef and pork livers a while ago. I couldn't get them to stay on the hook worth a darn... maybe I should have bought fresh instead of frozen? I couldn't find fresh at the Walmart, so I settled... It could have been sliced too thin too...
I wish I could hunt hogs near here. I like fresh wild pig barbeque...

·
Registered
550 Posts
Here piggie piggie

Hawkeye said:
I wish I could hunt hogs near here. I like fresh wild pig barbeque...
We have a guy local that guarantees a kill on wild hogs, $150.
;) you could kill a hog, catch a catfish, AND take home a new boat motor. ;) Just kiddin'. I know you ain't got the time to drive all the way out here right now.

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Catman....

Shad/Skipjacks are the stuff of choice.....This is stuff ya normally wouldn't tell but have tried!!!:)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I wonder hmmmm lets see a fresh skunk roadkill you pick up then run it threw the grinder and jar it bury it then use it for fox trappin works awsome i wonder if it would be a good ol cat bait,I know it works for fox.....And yes it is true a ol timer i new used to drive around and pick skunks up and run them threw a hand grinder. Pu i couldnt do it......LOL

1 - 20 of 34 Posts