2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
break out the 80's and them fancy lures
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
****Deadline for entry fees is December 18th****

Calling all crazies!!! A group of us over at texas-offshore.com are hosting a Texas tournament like none other before. If you like wahoo, tuna, swordfish, foul weather gear, spray curtains and darn good fun, jump in and let's go fishing.

This one will involve cameras, weigh masters, certified scales at every major port in Texas, affidavits, and a polygraph machine at the end but it will be seamless. Here is the gist of it:

The tournament will run from January 1, 2010-April 15th 2010. That gives boats almost 4 months to catch fish!

There will be no 2nd places. 2nd place trophies are silly little paper weights. We will have 4 total categories:

Grand Prize
Largest 3 Fish 3 Species Stringer. This will include your boats largest Broadbill Swordfish (over 60"), your largest Yellowfin, and your largest Wahoo.

The winner of the Grand Prize will be going to Mexico with his team of 4 for an all expenses paid dove hunt at the world's finest wing shooting lodge Rancho Caracol (RanchoCaracol.com). This place is first class all the way. I have been and can vouch. There is no better place on land for a group of buds to go hang for a few days especially after this coming winter! It is INSANE. This trip is worth THOUSANDS of dollars. We will donate the NET PROFITS from the tournament to the winners charity of choice! (charity must be approved by board of directors) We all want to do something good so why not do it via fishing. Don't forget if you win this you probably also won at least one Calcutta too! So in summary your crew is going hunting in Mexico for 4 days at an Orvis endorsed lodge, you are giving back to whomever you please, AND you probably have a fat stack in your pocket!

First Prizes
There will be three categories here all with optional $500 Calcutta's. You can enter as many or as few Calcutta's as you please. The winner of each division will be leaving with some SERIOUS gear worth well over one thousand dollars per category. I am not talking about trash tournament rods and reels. We are talking Savage Rods, Top of the Line Hardware, Top of the Line Tackle and a trophy that no man would hesitate to put in his office. I will update this accordingly.

Largest Broadbill Swordfish
This will be for the heaviest swordfish over 60"
Savage Rod "The Beast"
South Chatham Flying Gaff Harpoon Combo

Largest Yellowfin Tuna
This will be for the heaviest Yellowfin Tuna
Savage Stand-up Roller Rod
Full Makaira Tuna Spread
South Chatham Custom Tuna Gaff

Largest Wahoo
This will be for the heaviest Wahoo.
Savage Stand-up Roller Rod
Full Makaira Wahoo Spread
South Chatham Custom Wahoo Gaff

So here is the skinny. It will be $500 per boat to enter. This gets your team top of the line long sleeve shirts by artist Jean Eastman, a bag of goodies, and a party. All the entrants will decide once fishing starts where this will be. This is also where the money for the donation is coming from. So whip out your wallets, bibs, and squid and let's have some fun this winter and do something good along the way! For additional information including rules and entry form, check out texas-offshore.com, or PM me, or ajlsro (Anthony), always-gone-fishing (David), or texas-offshore.com (Daniel).

Brandon

Attachments

·
Registered
388 Posts
Calling my crew!!!! Sounds Great! How many boats do you currently have?
Hey Guys,

The list is growing daily and we have a lot of guys on the fence, mainly big boats waiting to see who is entering, but as of now here are the present commitments:

Minnow-Soda

Akela

Buzzard Bill

Goin South

GhostRider

WildCat

Slightly Dangerous

Hunter

WildSide

Penny Less

We have somewhere around 15 thousand dollars in prizes and giveaways (excluding Calcutta's) so we need all the boats we can muster. This is 100% non-profit and is going to be a blast. You don't have to be a sword fishing guru to win this thing, there will be a tuna pot and a wahoo pot along with prizes for each. This will be a great time and will benefit the winner's great cause. Deadline to enter is December 18th.

Take Care,

DM

·
Registered
388 Posts
Six Chicks is in. Glad to have you guys.

·
Site Sponsor 2006>
392 Posts
If you need tshirts, stickers or hats made, let me know and I will get you a cheap quote. My wife owns a tshirt, embrodiery and graphics company. I am thinking about getting in the tournament myself.
Thanks

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
We may get involed, if just for the Wahoo. Hey Brandon are Goin South and Ghostrider going to have to draw straws and see who gets the short straw and have you on their team? :)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Grand prize is a dove hunt? That's limp.
Blackfin Master,

The Dove Hunt is part of the prize and is valued at over 10 times your entry fee. The prize was graciously donated by Rancho Caracol. We are also donating 100% of the net proceeds to the winner's charity of choice in their name. Any man of character can appreciate that. You also have the option of winning Calcutta's, (those require wagering). If you would like to get involved and do something positive shoot me a PM with some options. We would love the first year of this thing to be as productive as possible, at the end of the day this is for charity and everyone that has worked so hard to make this possible would love to accept your donation on the winners nonprofits behalf.

Regards,

Daniel Miers
[email protected]

·
break out the 80's and them fancy lures
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We may get involed, if just for the Wahoo. Hey Brandon are Goin South and Ghostrider going to have to draw straws and see who gets the short straw and have you on their team? :)
LOL. I think they are at the bar now bidding over who gets to NOT have me on their team. I hear Mark has thrown out $1k. Looks like I'll be on that slow Fountain. Dang. ;)

Brandon

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Can't wait!

Thanks for getting this thing going Daniel.:texasflag

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
This is gonna be fun!! Looking forward to this. Daniel, thanks for asking us to be involved.

The rods for prizes will be at the Houston Fishing Show. We'll be next to MC Saltwater and Texas-Offshore. Somewhere in there, we plan on having the leader board so you can see whose caught what so far. I think this will be a blast. BOOM!!!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Team Quad Squad - Locked and Loaded !

Dave- make sure B gets that $600 I gave you tonite :rotfl:

1 - 20 of 90 Posts