2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
break out the 80's and them fancy lures
6,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In keeping with the theme, we are going to have an unconventional Captains meeting. It will be a bonfire held at Texas Offshore Adventures amazing lodge in Freeport on the Intercoastal Canal. There will be lots of refreshments, beer, and food. This is going to be where each team picks up their affidavits, gets their rules, and enters the Calcutta's. If you cannot come to the party and wish to enter the Calcutta's you must get the money in ahead of time.

The party will start at roughly 4 and last till we feel like it but for those of you not in a festive mood you can drop off and pick up starting at noon, however we strongly discourage this! There will be a football game on, and plenty of good fun. The lodge sleeps 21 people so if you are from out of town and need a place to crash PM me, or Daniel (texas-offshore.com). A lot of guys can sleep on their boats and a lot will simply just go home.

Even if you do not think you are going to enter a Calcutta bring your check book or cash. We are hoping the beer pays off; we would like to see some big money on the line. As of now we have 16 or 17 committed boats BUT we have been contacted by many more. If half of those that contacted us enter this thing is going to be HUGE. Naturally the deadline for entry is now extended to the 19th. Remember guys this is for charity. If you have expressed interest, please let us know asap regarding a finial decision.

We need to have a head count, the less money we spend on unneeded food etc. the more that goes to the winners charity! This is going to be a party that our fishing community will remember for a long time. The lodge is right across the street from the Brazos River Pilot Associations place in Quintana. Here is a link for directions.

http://www.texasoffshoreadventures.com/freeport-galveston-deep-sea-fishing-lodging.html

Hope to see lot's of new (and some old ;)) faces there. Going to be a blast!!!

Brandon

Attachments

·
Registered
388 Posts
I put this in another thread but just an FYI.

There will be teams that cannot make the captains meeting. They are just sending their Calcutta's in with the entry fee and Registration Papers. The Calcutta's are $500 for each species, this is not live like Poco, and we are just going to have a board with all the teams up so that everyone knows what they are up against in each respective category. So in summary if you cannot make the captains meeting as long as we get your entry and Calcutta money before the meeting (Dec. 19th) you will be entered and already on the board. Sorry for the little glitches here and there, this is our first year doing this but things are going great. Thanks for Fishing, this will be a blast. There will be a big party at the end of the Tournament in April at Surfside Marina that I am sure everyone will try and attend. Thanks for you support!

Daniel

·
6,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey guys, just a reminder the captains meeting is this Saturday starting at 4pm. Looking forward to seeing everyone!!!

Brandon

·
Registered
388 Posts
Updated Boat list as of noonish Tuesday.....

So we are at what looks to be 16 boats as of now:

Lit-Up

MinnoSota

Akela

Lady Diana

GhostRider

WildCat

Slightly Dangerous

Hunter

WildSide

Penny Less

Six Chicks

Scheduled Medicine

Outcast

Front Runner

******* (42 Yellowfin out of Freeport, not sure on boat name)

Custom Billed

We have over 10 or 11 boats on the fence that we know of, if you are one of them just be sure you get us your entry fee and caclutta money by midnight Saturday night. We will be at Texas Offshore Adventures Lodge all day and night Saturday for the party/meeting. If you are positive you are fishing Wicked Winter and you are not on the list please email me at [email protected] and I will add you. If you are planning to attend the party please let one of us know. Cannot wait to get all these boats together, should be a great time.

DM :texasflag

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Sounds like fun.

I think we will see several double marker fish and maybe another state record during this tourny.

see ya at the Party!

·
Registered
388 Posts
From What I Can Tell as of 9am this morning.....

We have a total of 15 Boats that are Locked in. We are ready for more on Saturday though so if you are thinking about fishing Wicked Winter there is no better time! All the money goes to charity, you will meet a great group of guys that love pelagic offshore fishing, and you will have a great time all winter! Small price to pay!

See everyone Saturday.
DM

·
Registered
388 Posts
Looks like we are at 16 boats. As stated we are ready for more all you need to do is show up and sign up! See everyone tomorrow, I am off to Specs and the Butcher.....

·
6,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Still time to enter guys. Bring your team, and check book, and head down to the captains meeting tomorrow. Don't miss out on this tournament. It will be a blast.

Brandon

1 - 18 of 18 Posts