2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Aspiring professional pot-stirrer.
20,198 Posts
One thing I always remembered about when I went to Switzerland was the top of the Alpine pass on the way in to the country: lots of steel plates in the pavement right at the top that didn't seem to have much of any reason: I asked the driver about it, and he said they were wells for explosive charges: just a little "pot" a few feet deep under the steel, but they can yank off the plates, throw in some charges, and blow the road completely off of that pass within a few minutes if an invasion seems to be imminent... Which, of course, never happens as a result of the practices in that video....

·
Theoretical Ecologist
2,411 Posts
At the beginning of World War II, the German ambassador visited the Swiss ambassador and suggested that a surrender would make the inevitable easier. When the Swiss ambassador didn't blink, he was asked what he thought would happened if they send two million **** troops in to overrun Switzerland's one million citizens.

The Swiss ambassador, calmly replied that our citizen soldiers would turn out, fire two shots each, and then go home. The ****'s never tried to enter Switzerland.

Some nice info from the Swiss Military Museum...

http://www.cybershooters.org/morges_museum.htm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts