2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate
23,603 Posts
Much of what I say gets deleted also unless I go along with the popular direction of the mass majority
That's pretty funny. Your stuff gets deleted when you forget that this is a G rated forum and you know it. Hell you're luck YOU haven't been deleted :D

TH

·
Banned
26,318 Posts
That's pretty funny. Your stuff gets deleted when you forget that this is a G rated forum and you know it. Hell you're luck YOU haven't been deleted :D

TH
Careful not to discriminate against the medically...Err...Mentally handicapped population...It isn't simply forgetfullness...I have Alzheimers dementia and sometimes don't remember to take my medications...I know my rights under the American Disabilities Act

·
Git Bit
1,439 Posts
I’m gonna give it all I got to meet y’all there but going to the Frio September 18th-21st, Sunday was gonna be my recovery day. Gonna be whooped so it will definitely add to the Monday morning blues. Although Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner would definitely give me some incentive to back to the salt Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)
4,669 Posts
I still drop in here as it is my favorite site for fishing information and fun guys who like to fish the Texas coast. I have also met some great folks through the site, who I now consider friends. I think it has gone downhill since Mont gave it up. I am sure he had good reasons for doing so, and I am very thankful for all his time getting it up and running and keeping up with it. I still prefer message boards over facebook, but I am an OLD I guess, at this point.

I think we also lost a group of normal posters, when the last password SNAFU situation occurred and some of those folks probably found other ways to communicate about fishing.

Just curious....does anyone read the stuff that pops up on the front page when the site opens? I seldom see anything there that is of interest to me as a guy that fishes the Texas coast, or hunts in Texas, prior to clicking forums....and coming on in.

·
richg99
6,906 Posts
re "Front Page". I NEVER see the FrontPage. MY LINK takes me directly to the message board, and I am all signed in when I get there. Saves time and it is what I want to see anyhow.

I suggest you first go to the message board, sign yourself in, and THEN build your LINK (however your system does it). Beats going through 2 or 3 pages every time that you do check-in. Don't forget to then cancel your original LINK.

·
Whose House? Coog's House!!!
12,609 Posts
Just curious....does anyone read the stuff that pops up on the front page when the site opens? I seldom see anything there that is of interest to me as a guy that fishes the Texas coast, or hunts in Texas, prior to clicking forums....and coming on in.
I read the 2Coolfishing magazine Volume 2 Issue 3 every couple of months. Been reading it for 5 years now :mpd:

·
Just call me JJ
7,582 Posts
re "Front Page". I NEVER see the FrontPage. MY LINK takes me directly to the message board, and I am all signed in when I get there. Saves time and it is what I want to see anyhow.

I suggest you first go to the message board, sign yourself in, and THEN build your LINK (however your system does it). Beats going through 2 or 3 pages every time that you do check-in. Don't forget to then cancel your original LINK.
Ditto, my bookmark goes straight to my UserCP where I'm subscribed only to a few forums and of course has any threads I'm subscribed to as well.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I use to post on a regular bases until it got to where you were always getting negative responses or your post turned into a fisheries argument. There always seemed to be “junior game wardens” or “fisheries experts” ready to attack. I understand people are passionate about the Snapper situation, but I don’t think a fishing report post should get hijacked and OP get raked over the coals. Those arguments should take place on conservation crossfire section. I kind of figured if moderators allowed it to keep happening then the site wasn’t geared up for fishing reports in the message boards where they had been for years. I guess all things change over time. We post fishing reports and pics on social media and have a good following. It’s still a little sad, met some really good folks on here and enjoyed meeting people in person after reading their post for years. I still get on occasionally and read.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I still come here all the time hoping that the crowds return. Although I don’t post hardly ever -call me a closet poster. Sections on the landing page haven’t been update in years. You’d think that would be low hanging fruit for the new owners. I don’t do the googlehangoutfacebook web thing either. So this is my only site unless someone wants to start a new one. Maybe Mont is still around or one of the sponsors on this site do (Mont sometimes took a heavy hand on posters). For the record, the worst place to fish on the entire coast is Port O’Connor. Don’t go their. Toxic waste dump and their are no fish.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I still come here all the time hoping that the crowds return. Although I don't post hardly ever -call me a closet poster. Sections on the landing page haven't been update in years. You'd think that would be low hanging fruit for the new owners. I don't do the googlehangoutfacebook web thing either. So this is my only site unless someone wants to start a new one. Maybe Mont is still around or one of the sponsors on this site do (Mont sometimes took a heavy hand on posters). For the record, the worst place to fish on the entire coast is Port O'Connor. Don't go their. Toxic waste dump and their are no fish.
"there". Geez, need to put the IPAs away.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts