2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a long, hot summer filled with high winds and rough, muddy conditions the winds have ceased, the waters are clearing and the fish are on the move! Suddenly anyone with a pole and a piece of bait that may or may not have been alive at one time can walk away with a trophy.

The conditions have been absolutely perfect lately and man have I been taking advantage. Every trip has been amazing and I encourage everyone to take the time to enjoy it while it lasts!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool! The water and the action were great to see.
Oh man, those conditions were so pretty. It's rare to see conditions like this but this is the time of year when it happens. And I'm going to enjoy it for all it's worth!!!

·
"You caught it, you get it off!"
156 Posts
Awesome conditions Stan! Enjoy it while its there, sucks about the Penn tho.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome conditions Stan! Enjoy it while its there, sucks about the Penn tho.
You know I was bummed about the Penn but it only cost about $15 to fix. Those teeth on the main gear are just so delicate. Considering how much she gets used it was bound to happen, I just didn't expect it quite so soon.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
At about 12:15, as you are putting the finishing touches on that red, something pops out of the water to your right for 1 second. Any idea what that was?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At about 12:15, as you are putting the finishing touches on that red, something pops out of the water to your right for 1 second. Any idea what that was?
I looked it over and didn't see anything that stood out to me, it was likely one of the jetty rocks just under the surface. I will say though that there are several clips where I had Tarpon or Kingfish jumping in the background and they were just too far away to be able to see them clearly. It is entirely possible you see them jumping in the video because those guys were breaching all morning long. It was a pretty cool sight to see, just really hard to catch on camera.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
I looked it over and didn't see anything that stood out to me, it was likely one of the jetty rocks just under the surface. I will say though that there are several clips where I had Tarpon or Kingfish jumping in the background and they were just too far away to be able to see them clearly. It is entirely possible you see them jumping in the video because those guys were breaching all morning long. It was a pretty cool sight to see, just really hard to catch on camera.
It was only for an instant and I was thinking rock, but thought maybe a turtle's head

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was only for an instant and I was thinking rock, but thought maybe a turtle's head
oh, I was so hung up on the fish that I didn't even think about turtles... there are a TON of them out there. I forget to take pictures of stuff like that sometimes; I've done enough videos with turtles and dolphins etc in there that I neglect to include them lately. But yeah, it definitely could have been a turtle.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Went back and looked again "full screen" and am quite sure it's a living thing. Somewhere between 12:15 to 12:19 right next to the rocks.

Great video BTW.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Went back and looked again "full screen" and am quite sure it's a living thing. Somewhere between 12:15 to 12:19 right next to the rocks.

Great video BTW.
I am going to have a ridiculous spike in viewership at the 12:15-12:19 timeframe in my analytics lol. It took me a minute but I see what you are talking about and I think you are right. That looks like the flipper from a sea turtle getting washed across the rocks over there. I wasn't paying attention at the time but I definitely see it now!

And thank you BTW that means a lot and I REALLY appreciate it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts