2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is why everyone should have a dog. If you don't have one think about adopting or rescuing a dog. They can add so much to your life. This is what you have been missing. Man I love dogs!

·
Let's Go Fishin Boss!
7,913 Posts
My avatar is a picture of our SPCA lab Odie. We have two rescue dogs and they are truly the best ever. If you are ever in the dog market PLEASE consider a rescue!

·
Jedi Knight and Friend to Captain Solo
17,027 Posts
If that weren't enough to convince, there's this:

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Dogs

I raised and hunted with Registered Black and Tan Coonhounds when I was younger but got away from owning dogs due to frequent moves.

My sister came for Christmas and brought 3 dogs(She has about 12) and asked me if I wanted Daisy, a black and white mixed breed that she had rescued about 10 years ago. It appears to be some kind of hound, bulldog and whatever but looks like a hound. She's as gentle as can be and well mannered and house broken, so I agreed.

She is going to require some retraining as I think that they fed her from the table and won't eat dog food. She did eat some cat food from his dish, so I mixed cat food and dog food and she's eating. I like her. She's an old dog and sleeps a lot, but does like to go into the back yard and look around.

I miss having a dog and since I've retired and staying in one place, I think that I'll keep her.

Sorry about the long post, but I agree that owning a pet is good for your mental health. My old cat is a pleasure and now Daisy has joined the family.

An aside: I was surfing the other AM and came across these 'talking heads' that had this vet for a guest. She was talking about getting a dog as a pet for a child.

She said that a child will feed, water, walk, and care for a dog for about ONE WEEK, then it's your responsibility. I agree; so think about it. Get one that you like as it will soon be yours. C2

·
Banned
26,320 Posts
'Sorry about the long post, but I agree that owning a pet is good for your mental health. My old cat is a pleasure and now Daisy has joined the family.'

I admire the unconditional love my dog shows me. I'm a little worried about my dog's mental health having to live with me!

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,635 Posts
I rescued one of our dogs from the Humane Society when he was a pup.. He was about 10 weeks old and on death row when we adopted him.... He's a lover and a snuggler.. half Dalmation/halt pit bull and LOVES car rides and play time! We have another that was on his way to the Humane Society and he's half Border Collie/half Blue Heeler and those dogs love to play together and give us so much love that it fills our hearts every day.

·
Banned
5,088 Posts
I have got a rescue lab, best most appreciate lab I have ever had!
My daughter has one named Norman. Not only appreciative but protective. He's trained to ring a bell hanging on the door knob when he wants to go out. He rang the bell yesterday, she let him out, than received a call a few minutes later to please bring her dog inside so the AT&T tree trimmer can come down from the tree and leave. :rotfl:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts