2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was a kid it seemed like good movies were coming out all the time. Why si it that the movie industry makes **** now?? gladiator troy tombstone are some movies that came out 10 years ago that were great and all of the really great movies came out from the early 90's and earlier. Now movies just suck!!! what is up?

·
DOINK
10,027 Posts
it is really all our fault... Us being the market. The movie industry is really and industry now and has lost the "art" portion and creative aspect.

The biggest movies lately are mostly redo's of old comics or ideas.

·
Don't touch my junk, bro!
5,844 Posts
Movies are generally consumables, meant to be a quick form of escapisim.
Taking Chance Is worth watching.

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
just because something is different and new, doesnt mean it sucks... its not any better or worse than earlier movies... its just... different!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
There's no more John Wayne, no more Clint Eastwood...... Nuff Said

·
Registered
544 Posts
I was thinking the same thing after seeing The Blind Side , I really enjoyed it. Sandra wasn't too hard to look at for a couple of hours either ! :)

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Because of CGI. Its easier to make a fake explosion than to do a real one. Green screens are another one.

The orginial Gone in 60 seconds, one Eleanor and a whole lot of car chasing. The new one, 11 "Eleanor's" a whole lot of CGI.

But, there were a lot of bad movies from the early 90's as well. Not everything was the greatest movie ever.

But, I do see where you are going. Depending on what you like The Wrestler with Mickey Rourke and Marissa Tomei is really really good. Also RocknRolla with Gerard Butler is really good as well.

One thing for me personally is that when I figure a patter out I am ruined for a tv show or even a genre of movie. Like comedies now a days. There are alot a romantic comedies. They may not be advertised as such but there is still the plot of boy wants girl, boy woo's girl, and they fall in love with a whole bunch of funny things in between. For instance Anchorman, Knocked up, The 40 year old Virgin, Dumb and Dumber, Me Myself and Irene, and many more.

You have to wade through the junk to get to the good stuff.

Some recent good movies in my opinion:
Ray
Walk the Line
RocknRolla
The Wrestler
and there are some more I just cant think of right now.

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
I took Barb out to dinner and a movie today and saw "Blind Side" That was a really good movie.

Think I will take my wife next time.;)

·
Registered
30,684 Posts
Why do hardly any good movies happen anymore?
because, these days, movie makers are more interested in making as much money as possible, as quickly as possible, for as little cost expenditure as possible instead of producing a quality, original, thought-provoking product.

also, i think they target their films to the least common denominator in society, if you know what i mean, and the least common denominator is easily entertained.

i saw an intersting article recently listing the actors whose movies make the least amount of money in comparison to the salary that they're paid to make the movie. will ferrell was number 1.

i'll see if i can find the list.

edit: here it is ... Funnyman Will Ferrell tops Forbes list of Hollywood's Most Overpaid Stars

1 - 20 of 34 Posts