2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
<***********>< Fish on.
Joined
·
3,101 Posts
It looked rigged. I did not see anything that was even close to a punch that would put him down.
 

·
Hoping to keep some spare change
Joined
·
1,410 Posts
Looked like the punch while he was still standing stunned him bad and made him fall, then it was all over once he went down.

I'm not even a fan of UFC/MMA but was up and decided to watch it to see what all the fuss was about. Thought maybe I was watching WWF or something with all the hype and then a 14 second bout.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,953 Posts
salth2o said:
It looked rigged. I did not see anything that was even close to a punch that would put him down.
No, it wasn't rigged. How would Extreme XC benefit from killing their cash cow?

It was an overrated media sensation finally being exposed. Kimbo is the Duane Bobick of MMA. I've been saying that he was overrated. I predicted that the first time that he faced a legit opponent he was going to get beat. Fighting street punks on YouTube does not make you the next Bob Sapp.

Nobody listens to me, though. That's why my best friend is going to have to wear a beanie with a propellor on it at school tomorrow.

Cg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,924 Posts
Agreed bro!I've seen him on you tube fight countless of times and just barely squeeze by because he was so out of shape, he would wind out very very quickly,,,, and way over rated, the only thing he had going for him was the intimidation factor because he looked like a big ol nasty mean Ape!, lol
calixtog said:
No, it wasn't rigged. How would Extreme XC benefit from killing their cash cow?

It was an overrated media sensation finally being exposed. Kimbo is the Duane Bobick of MMA. I've been saying that he was overrated. I predicted that the first time that he faced a legit opponent he was going to get beat. Fighting street punks on YouTube does not make you the next Bob Sapp.

Nobody listens to me, though. That's why my best friend is going to have to wear a beanie with a propellor on it at school tomorrow.

Cg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,412 Posts
salth2o said:
It looked rigged. I did not see anything that was even close to a punch that would put him down.
It wasnt a punch that put him down or ended the fight...He wasnt defending himself and thats why the ref stopped it.
 

·
<***********>< Fish on.
Joined
·
3,101 Posts
bzrk180 said:
It wasnt a punch that put him down or ended the fight...He wasnt defending himself and thats why the ref stopped it.
I said put him down, not out. Just sayin' it looks like he took a dive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,412 Posts
I watched it a couple of times on youtube...I think he slipped and the guy took advantage and pounded him. I do think it was a quick stop and should have gone a bit longer but man, he wouldnt even cover himself or try to defend the blows. Oh well, I dont think slice is a true MMA fighter anyway... He is one hell of a street/knuckle fighter though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,953 Posts
Mr.M said:
Rigged!!!! My .02
What proof do you have? Like I've asked before, why would a promotion destroy the credibility of it's #1 moneymaker by having him lose to a no-name, no-hope nobody when the smart thing would have been to build him up for a huge money fight with Bigfoot Silva, who happens to be the heavyweight champion? They guy who beat him was a light heavyweight, so there it makes no sense. They've spent $68 million this year alone, and losing Kimbo this way--14 seconds--means there is no way to recoup that money in big fights.

So, where is the proof?

Cg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
459 Posts
2 inch punch laid Slice out... That is all there is to it. Nothing rigged. Slice met up with a pro from multi areas with a Black Belt in karate. Then got KTFO...

SF
 

·
"(DON'T FEAR) THE REAPER"
Joined
·
286 Posts
Good stuff... I wish they would have let the fight continue for all you lovers. Seth would have killed the dude. Litterally... Hope he's still got his youtube contract... lol
 

·
Old Guys Rule (When we're up to it)
Joined
·
1,259 Posts
The guy with pink hair that was a last minute fill in was on one leg when he threw a jab that downed Kimbo Slice. ***??? Then kimbo did not even defend himself when he went down. ***??? Dang! That aint right. I don't care who you are.
 

·
Senior Member, do I get a discount?
Joined
·
1,920 Posts
Can you say over confident? Looked to me like Kimbo thought he had the fight won, Seth was the only one in the ring with nothing to lose. That makes him very dangerous, and it paid out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
459 Posts
bigdaddyriverrat said:
Can you say over confident? Looked to me like Kimbo thought he had the fight won, Seth was the only one in the ring with nothing to lose. That makes him very dangerous, and it paid out.
Agree 100%... I have been involved with MMA for over 25yrs now and when Slice ducked his head and tried to go for the quick take down. Seth took total advantage of the open side of the jam and OUT GO THE LIGHTS...

Slice never saw it coming.

Great Fight.

SF
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,932 Posts
Don't see how anyone can say it was fixed. Kimbo lowered his head and couldn't see what was going on. He got hit by a straight right that cut him, and with his head low like that it didn't take much to knock him off balance. The punches to the side of the head afterwards put him out, and the blows on the ground forced the ref to call the fight since Kimbo was unprotected. Kimbo did something stupid and got caught. Most saw it coming.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,173 Posts
No faking it there!! I don't care how much you can bench press or how tough you look, a good punch to the jaw will rattle your brain and its over! Slice is a brawler with no strategy. The other guy had a game plan and picked him apart. It looked to me like Slice stopped defending himself so the ref stepped in.
 

·
Urban Chicken Farmer & Shark
Joined
·
2,323 Posts
wow .. i was busy all weekend so i recorded the fight, and just got the chance to watch it ..

that was the sorriest excuse for a fight! .. i agree it was a legit fight .. but i wish they would have let it go for another 5 or 10 seconds ... i think the ref jumped the gun .. the end result would have been the same ... but the fans would have been more satisfied
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top