2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
From the old school
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am heading out fri and ride the big ones back in on sat.or sun. if it doesn't get to sporty. Anybody going to try to go

·
Kamikaze
4,628 Posts
Either you are going out of Venice or you have a HUGE boat!!!!
THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH FRI NIGHT
W OF 93W WIND SE TO S 15 TO
20 KT. SEAS 4 TO 7 FT. E OF 93W WIND SE TO S 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS
2 TO 4 FT.

SAT
W OF 93W WIND SE TO S 15 TO 20 KT. SEAS 4 TO 7 FT. E OF
93W WIND SE TO S 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT.

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,634 Posts
Yep, my trip today got blown out. Our guide is a good guy though and is giving us a full refund since we can't find a day to reschedule that's good for all of us.

·
Old ******
4,519 Posts
Headed out of Port Mansfield Friday. Probably surf back in on Saturday. Supposed to be 5-7's down there but a sotuh wind is different there than out of Freeport. You can ride the valleys out and back.
Have a good one.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Good luck, I have been out of mansfield in 5-6rs and it is not comfortable at all with a s wind. Hope it works out for you though.

·
Anything not prohibited is compulsory!
1,635 Posts
Supposed to fish Saturday and Sunday out of SPI. There is a 2 day Big-Game Club weekend. Weather is looking really iffy. One forecast says 7-9 on Saturday. That would be some rockin' and rollin' in a 28 Bertram. It will be a 5am decision on both days for sure. Sure hope to wet a hook. Just rerigged all of my cedar plugs.

·
Old ******
4,519 Posts
Me too Argo. We've been planning this trip for awhile and hope to get out at least a few miles. It's been a long time since I've been there.

·
Mostest Bestest Member Ever!
5,045 Posts
Best of luck to you guys. Looking at the interval on the buoys this week and the forecast winds for this weekend, I'd be surprised if anyone makes it more than a few miles before turning around. It would be one thing if we were looking at 5 to 7 on a 10 to 14 sec interval but this 6 to 8 sec interval is just unbearable with those sorts of seas, even if you are "riding in the valley" so to speak.

·
From the old school
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
geeeez am i gonna get a break ?

What Bouyweather and the squak box ( what the wife calls the weather radio ) is calling the seas are not gonna be as bad as expected. I am still planning to go deep, we will see when I hit the jetties. I think all the dancing and praying are going to pay off ..... stop and give thanks to you know who...

And we didn't have to burn Capt.Cs boats. lol....

Be safe and don't push it you will get there ..... have fun and get some fish!!!
john

·
Registered
654 Posts
Good luck to all trying to get out this weekend, I tried last sat. to much beating for me. Looking like the winds may start to lay down mid next week, hoping for next weekend. Good luck and be safe.

Andy

·
Registered
100 Posts
My new set of trim tabs came in this week. I pulled the boat back to the house and started working on it. That should cause the wind to drop and fishing be great this weekend :spineyes: .

·
Just one More
1,742 Posts
To those looking to head out this weekend be safe and courteous to the people aboard. If you have a hint of something being more than you or the boat can handle turn it around and fish another day. If you do make it out please post so we all can envy you for getting another chance of a lifetime and to make sure you made it back. Good luck to those who have the bigger boat. I'll be home cooking and doing yard work. Wishing I was you cathing the Fish! Good Luck and Be Safe!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts