Headed out of Port Mansfield Friday. Probably surf back in on Saturday. Supposed to be 5-7's down there but a sotuh wind is different there than out of Freeport. You can ride the valleys out and back.
Have a good one.
Supposed to fish Saturday and Sunday out of SPI. There is a 2 day Big-Game Club weekend. Weather is looking really iffy. One forecast says 7-9 on Saturday. That would be some rockin' and rollin' in a 28 Bertram. It will be a 5am decision on both days for sure. Sure hope to wet a hook. Just rerigged all of my cedar plugs.
Best of luck to you guys. Looking at the interval on the buoys this week and the forecast winds for this weekend, I'd be surprised if anyone makes it more than a few miles before turning around. It would be one thing if we were looking at 5 to 7 on a 10 to 14 sec interval but this 6 to 8 sec interval is just unbearable with those sorts of seas, even if you are "riding in the valley" so to speak.
What Bouyweather and the squak box ( what the wife calls the weather radio ) is calling the seas are not gonna be as bad as expected. I am still planning to go deep, we will see when I hit the jetties. I think all the dancing and praying are going to pay off ..... stop and give thanks to you know who...
And we didn't have to burn Capt.Cs boats. lol....
Be safe and don't push it you will get there ..... have fun and get some fish!!!
To those looking to head out this weekend be safe and courteous to the people aboard. If you have a hint of something being more than you or the boat can handle turn it around and fish another day. If you do make it out please post so we all can envy you for getting another chance of a lifetime and to make sure you made it back. Good luck to those who have the bigger boat. I'll be home cooking and doing yard work. Wishing I was you cathing the Fish! Good Luck and Be Safe!