2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
I use anywhere between 1200 - 1800. Beall suggests 1800 rpm, however, it can also burn easy with the first buff compound if not careful.

·
El Viejo
23,417 Posts
I run mine at about 1800, Dick, which is about half wide open.... Got one of the Beall 3-on systems that just barely fits on my mini lathe so I don't use it much. Very awkward to install on my lathe..and gotta take the dust hood off to use it..Gonna figger some way to use one wheel at a time...or put it on the drill press....

·
El Viejo
23,417 Posts
Buy a dedicated grinder,shsssshhhh thats nothing for a stepper like you.:dance:

dick
LOL...mebbe a 'slow stepper'...but my problem is workbench space. I aint got four square inches left that aint got sumthin on it...:D

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
I had a grinder stand that got ruined in Ike, that was made from a car wheel with a pipe welded in the middle, and a small plate on top for the grinder to bolt too. I may have to make me another one now.

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Mine is a single version with all three buffers. I like it and use it on my lathe just fine, but a separate version would be nice also. The buffer works on most anything you can put on it. My Casio watch bezel shines like glass (plastic) also. It works on most anything.

·
Life is good on the bayou..
3,937 Posts
I bought a mini lathe at a school auction, built a 5/8 mandrel for it out of all thread and have a pair of buffing wheels on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts