2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Old yellow member
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sportsman or McClain?

Guess I should specify I plan to go with a Galvanized.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Personally, I would probably sway towards sportsman if going galvanized.. I have never heard anything bad/negative from them.

I can't say that about Mclain trailers..

·
From the old school
1,406 Posts
I had a few Mclains everything rusts away except the Frame itself......welcome to the gulf coast..LOL
joker

·
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate
23,538 Posts
I've owned both and they both make good trailers and will hold up fine if you take care of them.

TH

·
Registered
238 Posts
mcclain

McClain aluminum with welded bunks are the way to go. They also donate more to the CCA star and other causes than anyone else.

·
Old yellow member
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK - How do I get in touch with Coastline?

The other problem is I need it built without the boat onsite. Mine is in the driveway with no wheels under it and I don't want to spend the 3 to 400 to put another axle and springs under it.

FN

·
Registered
366 Posts
Marty @ Coastline builds great trailers. 361-785-4073

Stewart @ TechSun builds great trailers too. 281-391-9201

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Well, if you are swayed to go with aluminum, then Mclain.. I have not heard many negatives on the aluminum sidefrom them, mainly the galvanized.

That said, if you want a truly nice aluminum trailer, then Rolls Trailers are bar-none the best you can get. All Aluminum, stainless hardware including hubs, custom oil lube like bearing buddy's but better and fasteners - you just won't get a better trailer!

Their Axles are what really set them apart (aside from the overall quality). They don't use springs and they don't use torsion axles, both of which can wear out. This fella was a rocket scientist/engineer brainiac type he developed these pivot pads. They have more travel, smoother ride and won't corrode at all. The developer had the design patented. He calls it a lifetime spring and is so sure, he backed them with a 100% lifetime warranty!

I have seen these in person and they are a fine piece of workmanship!

Check it out - they are only about 10-15% more than a standard trailer, but well worth it IMHO.

http://rollsaxle.com/index.htm

1 - 15 of 15 Posts