2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don and El are camping in Avon and I think Fish Couple are going to the banks also.

Dumbo I bet is playing drums or hawking dogs at the ballpark.

Medic will work and play with his new cat.

I am getting the pool in order. I got 2 new RC boats to play with and I should the water up to level Sunday afternoon.

Durring the week I will land scape it with potted plams and flowers and mulch. I am adding a dock like deck on one side this year.

NOTE: Your Bubba's Backyard POR-TO-POOL may be other than depicked in size, depth and shape. See owners manual for details.

Pool does not include palms, landscaping, Budlite Kegs, infatable doll, water feature, or stainless steel grill.

Batteries not included, beer holders sold sepperately.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Bubba, you schmuck!

I was even enlarging the photo because it looks so beautiful. I was going to ask you to invite me to swim in "West Vir-gin-i-ay, by God!" (see Gods & Generals)

and Schmuck IS NOT a bad word when it's used lovingly as I just did.

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
well, me and the kids and the dog, are headin' to the beach as soon as I get done with work, probably about noon, for an overnighter in the RV. I have the meat marinating for the kabobs I am doing on my new BBQ pit and it should be a nice dinner tomorrow. Sunday morning, I am watchin' the sun come up, feastin' on kolaches, and kicking back on the sand. We are gonna hang out until it gets hot, and head back home. After this week, I need to pull the plug and breathe some salt air.

AJ, I will have your board all dressed up first thing next week.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hey Big'un, I've been cooking ALL day you better save some room!

The chicken & pork are done. The ribs & brisket are still on the pit. Avacado salad is marinatin' away & Momma just got some Pasta salad going. We ain't gonna have time to fish with all this food! I believe Miss Becky & Mr. Jack will be joining us again.

From the sound of things Zach should be walking out the door about now to pick up Jr. Donna & Jr. just headed out to meet up with him.

See ya on our beach Bro.

Jeff

·
That DamnYankee!!
4,077 Posts
that dang kid logged me out again!?!?!

·
That DamnYankee!!
4,077 Posts
Man Bubba, that is a FINE looking set-up! If I had that in the yard I'd never get anything done.;)

·
Colossians 3
1,364 Posts
Nothing new here.

Same 'ol stuff here . Sat is a normal workday for me. I'll put in a 66 hr week before calling it quits about 6pm tomorrow. Normally I take off Wed but I had to run the business myself this week with my asst mgr on vacation.

I have some steak filets thawing for tomorrow nights grill. Corn on the cob, black eyed peas, and salad to boot. Ain't going anywhere the rest of the weekend.

My garden is growing even though we are dry and dusty. I've been watering some as we haven't had any rain in 3 weeks. I certainly could (and should) buy what I want from a farmers market but since I bought a tractor to keep up the place, I put a garden in. Its work, but good stress relief after dealing with customers and 20-40 employees daily. Everything is coming full circle once again. I growed up in the country, and now I am back enjoying it.

Next Thursday, the ultimate stress relief kicks in as we head out for Cape Hatteras for 7 days. We hope to catch some whiting, plug for some Spanish Macks, maybe catch some puppy drum, flounder and go off shore for some dolphin. I'm sure we'll stop in and see El & Don. I bet we can talk them into eating at the MAD CRABBER as well.

Bubba, here is a couple pics from The MAD CRABBER last Oct.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Good grief, Fishman! What sweet torture!

As soon as I scrolled to the photo of the tray of beautiful offerings I swear I could detect the fragrance of garlic butter and sweet New England lobster that we used to wolf down back in New York State.

Of course, I know that's not New England lobster! Ever since we moved south in the 50's I've searched out that special lobster taste but nothing here in Florida can even approach it.

Oh how I love the part of the video tape that Bubba and Patzy made for me where y'all gathered at the Mad Crabber. I knew I recognized the first photo and then your comment confirmed what I thought.

What a great couple you two are! I only wish the gang from the TTMB had enjoyed the pictures of the beautiful Log home you built. It's not only a home that reminds you of the early days in the development of this nation, but the interior is well planned and you two have decorated it in a way that it carries on the look of "history".

I'm going to copy your photos to my desktop. And I think, but I'm not sure, that I saw you taking a picture of the food tray on Bubba's tape.

You said you might go for Spanish Mackeral when you get to Cape Hatteras (WOW! 7 DAYS!) I've caught and released Spanish Mackeral when I was fishing close to the Gulf Stream. I've never tasted them. As for Dolphin, my first fishing venture away from shoreline in Key Largo was out over Molasses Reef. We were the guest of one of the executives of the South Florida Council, Boy Scouts of America. (at that time I was writing, producing and directing the half hour Saturday show "Project Scouts" on channel 10 in Miami as a volunteer. I had Boy Scout troops from South Florida as special guests. The show lasted 2 years and won quite a few awards.)

Sorry, I wandered. Anyway, back to Molasses Reef.

I was trolling with Ballyhoo. I had never used it before. Withinin a very short time my bait started to travel. I could feel that there was something very heavy on the line. The Scout Executive looked past me and said I had a Dolphin on the line. He instructed me on bringing the Dolphin in. I battled with the Dolphin for close to a half hour. My husband and our host kept offering to take over....and I wouldn't let them. I didn't want anyone but myself to bring the fish in.

Finally, the Dolphin was tired and I had brought him close to our boat. Our host used a gaff to bring him aboard. I don't remember what he weighed but I do remember that he was 4 1/2 ft. long.

That was the biggest fish I ever caught in my life!

I hope you two return home with happy experiences like that!

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Wait A Minute Mont!

Mont said:
AJ, I will have your board all dressed up first thing next week.
Our family here would be much happier if you would just take time to rest and enjoy! You've been working very, very hard in everyone elses behalf. It's time for you to kick back and get to know "Mont" again.

It's like when I worked in the advertising department of a department store. We would have short deadlines towering over us. I would be so involved in hour after hour of juggling deadlines that I would start to forget Joyce's needs and I would have to get my priorities straight again.

All I'm saying is "we can wait"....spend time with the Mont clan. Please!

·
Registered
18 Posts
was in Houston

I have been off the board for nearly a week and just found out about the changes.

My wife and I flew to Houston to visit our son and to participate the 3rd Annual Texas Boomerang Thang and Barbeque held this past Saturday. We had a ball eating asnd tossing booms. I got roped into competing in one event and won it, beating out some hard core competitors who couldn't deal with the winds.

I'll attach a photo from the event. It is four Daves holding rather large boomerangs. Notice the "Republic of Texas Boomerang Society" t-shirts! I am the one on the right showing signs of too much sun and not enough sun blocker!

Dave

Attachments

·
Banned
702 Posts
Bro, dont get outta breath blowing up that pool again this year. Dang near killed ya last year. By the way, Kmart has pools just like the one you have for $12.99 with a foot pump included.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts