2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Lord, beer me strength!
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured now would be a good time to ask. Any recommendations for an agent and/or insurance company?

I am in Houston, boat will be in Port A, if that matters. 21' Whaler...

Who's been happy with their post-Ike insurance experience????

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
To early to tell. I have Progressive. Filing the claim was the easy part. Will see how it goes from here.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Mine is

Voyager Marine. Had them for 10 years and 1 claim for $450. They were great. My boat was in the fire at GYB. Called to place the claim last Monday, the adjuster and I have played phone tag ever since. I imagine they are dealing with many claims so will be patient but will post any issues if I have them.

Kim

·
Eric Garcia, Premier-Yamaha San Antonio
1,141 Posts
state farm, they were the cheapest when I shopped around. Ive had two claims in ten years with them, easy to deal with.

·
Senior Member, do I get a discount?
1,920 Posts
Ski Safe boat insurance, have had to use them before on a claim. Pulled a bag into the water intake and toasted a motor (inboard) they paid quickly and worked well with the shop.

·
Standing on a Whale fishing for Minnows
9,467 Posts
Allstate 252 yr for 19 CC Bay with a 1000 tow.

How bout some rates along with the companies... ?

Just a size boat vs yr rate and any extras

·
Registered
949 Posts
State Farm. I know I could pro. get a better deal somewher else, but the convience of having all of my coverage w/ the same company is a big thing to me. I like being able to talk eye to eye w/ people I know.
And besides, on EVERY claim I've ever had, SF has been stupendous.

·
PETA & LIBS let Obama eat dogs.
4,471 Posts
USAA

USAA-best insurance company there is without a doubt. Always responsive and always pleasant to deal with-must be military to qualify though-sorry!

·
Registered
5,803 Posts
I have Ski Safe.

Kind of a funny story - when I bought my boat years ago the first thing I did was get insurance coverage for it. The very same day I dropped the check in the mail I took the boat out for the first time and promptly destroyed the lower unit when I hit a sunken barge near eagle point.

Ski Safe hadn't even received my $250 check yet when I filed a claim for almost $6,000.00.

They asked me to email a couple of photos which I did and they had a check out in a couple of days.

Great service but I'm sure I wasn't the most popular person up there I bet..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts