2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who built the first 19 TV?
Harold Weiser! Harold bought the 20' Power Cat mold. Which was pulled off of a 20 foot Mako hull by Power Cat Boats of Texas. Power Cat at the time was manufactured in Victoria, TX. and had been out of business for several years when Harold bought the molds. Harold added a rolled gunnel and built the boat as a high sided hull at first (I owed one). Later a customer wanted a hull with lower sides. So, Harold experimented and cut the sides off of a hull and added a rolled gunnel. If my memory was better I could tell you the customers name as well. The two decided to partner up in the boat business and they eventually partnered up with or contracted with Steve Bell (Shoalwater Boats founder). As most partnerships, they each went their own way and each had a copy of the 19 TV mold. Harold I believe still calls his the Rockport, Steve the Shoalwater and the third guy sold his molds to Explorer (which is owed by Baymaster).

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If these guys are the holders of the 19 TV mold, who used to build the Flatlander?
I would probably describe them as the developers of the Tunnel V design that has been copied by so several builders. Shoalwater had built several Tunnel V hulls in the past a 20 and a 22 in the 1980's but they weren't as popular as the 19TV.
To answer your question: Marine Services builds the Flatlander, the owner is Forrest Cannon. They are located in Port Lavaca, TX.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Didn't Ultra Cat or Advanced Outdoors used to make a 19TV called the Destiny? Had the same big "tribal" decals I've seen on the side of the Outback boats. I think some of the earlier Ultra Cats may have had the same.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Old Harold used to fish with Capt. Jack Golding over here in Bayside quite abit. At that time he was building Baysport. My BIL has one of Harold original ones, 19TV(he has been talking about selling it).He also made a 24' carolina looking hull he kept here for a couple of years.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Didn't Ultra Cat or Advanced Outdoors used to make a 19TV called the Destiny? Had the same big "tribal" decals I've seen on the side of the Outback boats. I think some of the earlier Ultra Cats may have had the same.
Yes, we bought the molds and equipment from them when they stopped building the Destiny. We manufactured them under the Outback brand.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts