2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Lifes 2 Short 2 B So Serious All Da Time
4,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanting to see who cant sleep besides me because they finally get to go fishin in the mornin..

Man, if you havent been watchin the forcast, you need to drink you some Expresso and wake up :tongue:

Its gonna be colder in the mornin than a witches tit, but, the fish are gonna be bit'n (hopefully) and the water is gonna be smooth, it dont get much better than a prediction like shown below... at least until about 1p.m anyway.
Should be a great morning for a 3-4 hour State water day

Good luck to you all able to go,
and for those of you that are at work readin this instead of gett'n to go fish'n on the smoothest water day prediction in 3months ,

(ya know im just kidd'n)

Monday 12/21​
Morning
Light and variable winds with smooth seas. Small short period wind waves.
Winds: S 3 to 4 knots
Seas: SE 0 feet at 10 sec.
Afternoon
Light and variable winds with smooth seas. Small short period wind waves.
Winds: SSE 6 to 8 knots
Seas: SE 0 feet at 9 sec.

·
Concrete Contractor
12,404 Posts
Sorry I backed out on your buddy boat Jimmy, next time. Yall tear em up.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Sure wish I could be out there with you tomorrow! Forecast is sweeeeeeeet! I will be kickin' and screamin' all the way on that smooth flight to Denver. Man, I hate to go. A mile above sea level is one mile too far!

·
break out the 80's and them fancy lures
6,836 Posts
It is unbelievably flat out there right now. As was yesterday. But yesterday was my wife's birthday, and we just couldn't convince our selves to run a day trip with the short days. Next time......

Brandon

Ps. The 20nm buoy (60nm isn't working) has been below 5knts since yesterday at 11am. And below a foot since yesterday at 4:00pm. FLAT. Sure hope someone went. It was a perfect window.

·
Registered
338 Posts
"on the smoothest water day prediction in 3months"

Not true, was slick calm last Sunday (dec. 13)
Hit every state water spot I had in the pea soup fog, only managed to scratch out 2 barely legal state water red snapper. Hope you do better than we did!

-Sammy

·
Goin' South
833 Posts
Some one should be out here today! At Boomvang.
Randy, now you are just being cruel!!!!!!!

Hope you have to spend X-mass day out there with a bunch of dudes..I will send you photos of a huge X-mass feast.

Oh, I forgot you guys probably eat better than we do out there. The other dudes are not your in laws, and you can probably watch the football game without being interrupted by screaming kids and a wife *****in at you!!!!!!!

Now that you already have us all fired up. How about a few tuna in the air photos just to rub it in a bit. If there happens to be a marlin around please don't send any photos. That would just be to painful.

Thanks for the photo hope you have a good one. See you out there next year.

·
Concrete Contractor
12,404 Posts
We made it wit Hog today, half day buddy boat trip. Wasent as flat as the cam and bouys were saying it was. It was sloppy. We did manage to make the kids arms hurt!

·
4,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
We made it wit Hog today, half day buddy boat trip. Wasent as flat as the cam and bouys were saying it was. It was sloppy. We did manage to make the kids arms hurt!
Yep, half day it was... had a great time.

Was slick calm early this morning, and waves built as the day went along. I would venture to say we went over some good 4'rs on the way in.

We didnt launch till around 11ish... Was real cool this morning, even had thick frost on the boat, we just wrapped up in layers, and, I figure that's why God made warm clothes designers.:biggrin:

Boat ran wonderful after sittin up so long---4 MONTHS---thank ya Lord!
Staybil in the gas and running the engines till they get warm while sitting in the drive way about every two weeks helped I would imagine...

All in all we had a great time... there were three on my boat, other two that were suppose to go had to back out. Sure was nice having a small fuel bill on a offshore trip for a change.

I have to say, between Hotrod and Bubba's 2 girls fish'n on his boat and the one girl fish'n (my wife) on my boat, the girls pretty much kicked us guys behinds in the catch'n catagory.

On my boat, it got to be comical after awhile. Me and my buddy Mike, couldn't buy a bite for long lengths at a time, and my wife was steadily having a bent pole. Looked to be the same over on Hotrods boat in alot of times... But, I guess if Im gonna get whupped fish'n on our boat, Im glad it was by my best fish'n buddie--- my wife. (she also owns the other half of the boat too :))

Whats the key with gettin your kids and wifes interested?
1. ask them to go when ever you can, they like to be included and asked to go...
2. get them their own special rod/reel that is theirs and theirs only.. The rod needs to be different than any other on the boat,, color, brand, etc...
3. take pictures
4. On the wife? Marry a good'n who likes to do what you do, I did :wink:

Good fun fish'n trip with good friends, their children and loved ones, that's what its all about.....

If you didn't go, you missed a enjoyable day on the water even if it was a little roll'y this evening comin in.

The "dang my hands are sore tonight, Im out of fish'n shape I guess" Hog

Team Hotrod, one crew member is not pictured, she's resting after a fun day of fish'n with dad

12 21 09 susan mike 011.jpg

These are pictures that were taken while pulling in ALL DIFFERENT fish.
She whopped us bad. Big sentence said on my boat today? "she's got another one!" :wink:
12 21 09 susan mike 001.jpg

12 21 09 susan mike 003.jpg

12 21 09 susan mike 006.jpg

12 21 09 susan mike 007.jpg

A happy camper with a nice state snap...
12 21 09 susan mike 008.jpg

PS:hadnt had the boat on the water since August 14th when a fuel pump went out that I had to get fixed (4 MONTHS) ... Dang, took me over 2 1/2 hours to ready it for a state trip.... Thats what I get for not keeping it covered and taking everything off for the winter I guess...

·
4,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Some one should be out here today! At Boomvang.

Dang Randy, thats an awsome shot!!!!

Wheres a tuna ride need'n crew member when I need one??

The "man, Im MORE than ready to go Tuna Huntin!!" Hog

·
Concrete Contractor
12,404 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Nice job guys. Glad somebody made it out. Nice to see the kiddos getting out there too. Mine have been wearing me out to go, I just haven't had time lately!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts