2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking about heading there for the first time this saturday. Any recomendations / warnings would be appreciative.
I have a 18' narrow wide flat boat with 40 hp motor.
Any reports for the area recently? Also, is it worth heading there with the cold coming?

Thanks
CS

·
Registered
14,428 Posts
You never know, the fish get hungry and have to eat. You have the right combo for the spot, launch at either white rock city marina, or the TRA ramp on 19. No good reports have come in to my knowledge, but it is getting time for someone to get bit up there.
I always check out the sonar soon as I launch, if I see a lot of fish at the ramp i work on it around the ramp and South before I go up stream to find them.
You can find them at either end of the creek, or, spread out all through it.
Are you fishing for white bass?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, I am hoping that the white bass are there. I might throw out a few jugs and let them work while I look for bass / crappie. I am in the split of duck season so anything that bites.

Thanks SS and any others who post.

CS

·
Registered
280 Posts
Clownshoe,
I just went there last Friday, the 27th, and nothing but a few blacks and 3 small crappie. We fished off and on for white bass too, everywhere we went, ALL DAY LONG. Not one WB was caught. We caught 8 total fish that day. Like I said in another post, the water was a little murky that day. Hopefully you'll have better luck.

·
NEVER NEVER EVER RING THE BELL
12,595 Posts
A word of warning. I heard several complaints about sticky fingers around the Hiway 19 bridge. Don't leave any thing of value in the back of a truck. No breaking and entering just loose things that can easily walk away.

·
Registered
14,428 Posts
White Rock City marina is a cool place to launch instead of the 19 TRA ramp. It's old school marina, with a super ramp. Sometimes the white bass stage up right in front of the marina and down to the first inlet, there is a deep 25' hole they gather in.

·
Registered
99 Posts
WRC

As stated earlier not many whites have been caught up there yet. We havent had any problems at the 19 ramp but I dont leave any thing out either. As far as running in WRC just stay in the middle. There are some laydowns that come out towards the middle but you will see them. If you go all the way north to the cables read and follow the signs. there is a GIANT rock up there. Post up with any results and good luck.

·
Registered
280 Posts
That's weird, we launch all the time at 19 bridge and we leave coolers, the transom saver, and straps to the boat and other stuff in the bed of the truck all the time. We've never had anything stolen. Maybe I'll start putting them in the cab, so thanks for the heads up on that Sunbeam.

And SS, you're right. That's one of my sweet spots is right in front of those tires at the WRC marina. Hopefully soon, hopefully soon.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the info. I do appreciate it. If I make it up there tomorrow I will post my findings. I am a little hesitant b/c of the weather, not the cold, just driving on the roads with all the potential ice. I might wait till next weekend but we will see.

CS

·
Saved by the Grace of God
4,014 Posts
A word of warning. I heard several complaints about sticky fingers around the Hiway 19 bridge. Don't leave any thing of value in the back of a truck. No breaking and entering just loose things that can easily walk away.
Dang, nothing I can't stand worse than a lier and a THIEF!!!!!! I have had my truck broke into TWICE before about 15 years ago and it was a terrible feeling coming in back from a great fishing trip only to find I was robbed. The only good thing was one of the times the thief's took some of my christian CD's. So maybe they would listen to them, get saved and turn their ways around. LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts