2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i went to bass pro earlier today to get a new reel, but i couldnt decide on which one....i was looking at the revo's, but then the guy who helped me out sweared by fluegers and showed me a contender, the contender was one of the smoothest reels there, and he told me he's had a flueger for 14 years fished nothing but saltwater and is still going strong, i was just wondering what everyone's input was, and how they like fluegers??

·
Registered
164 Posts
The plfueger contender is a conventional reel while the revo is a low profile reel. They are two different kinds of reels. If you want a low profile reel go with the revo it will last longer. I has a plfueger president and fished it in saltwater for about two trips when the bearings locked up. I wouldn't go with the president in saltwater. It is a really smooth reel though but going back to the subject I would go with the revo.

·
But, I live in Bayou Vista!
1,630 Posts
Plfeuger + salt = wasted $

They just do not hold up in the salt like ABU, Shimano, Daiwa, and getting parts if you need them is nearly impossible. For the money, you cannot beat the new Citica 100.

JMHO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts