2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to build an air motor setup for my 19' Boatright. Where can I find information on this? What Honda motor would be best? 9hp or 11hp, etc...
Do I need a tapered shaft and where can I get the propeller? Been searching the net and information is limited. Thanks

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Most of the bigger rigs down here are running the 11 hp honda with a reverse prop about 36 inches long. Some have gone to a 3 blade prop. They like the 11 hp motor because it is also turning an alternator to keep the light and batteries up.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I use a 11hp Linamar made by kubota from www.smallenginewarehouse.com Product Number: ZX340-EQ-4-SO-W. The honda part number you are asking about is is GX340QAE , 11 hp. The linamar runs like a honda and pulls my alternator without effort. I chose it because it was 399.00 rather than 710.00 for a honda. I got my prop and hub from www.arrowprop.com/ very reasonable. I use a 30" 2 blade. The three blade is quieter. Your not suppose to hear the prop popping air. hope it helps. BTW the 30" prop pushes my boat a little too fast at idle. I run a 18' fiberglass and heavy carolina skiff. If you are planning to use an aluminum boat, you might want to consider this or spend the big bucks for a composite3 blade adjustable prop. Oh one more thing, with all the talk about the deminished flounder population I would cautiously consider this project as I believe the floundering boat will shortly be a thing of the past and what it cost to rig em up, might not be worth the gamble. But we'll see next September 09'.

·
Registered
612 Posts
CAPTIAN LARRY ROBINSON IN ARANSAS PASS HAS A USED CAROLINA SKIFF FLOUNDER RIG FOR SALE. HIS NUMBER IS 361-549-4389

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I have a customer, with a new this year 18 alweld, tunnel pontoons, floors, sides, all new racks rigging, about a 05 90 e-tec. for sale, He bought the boat this year, and we hung his e-tec on . everything else is new, with 13 hp air motor, 3 bld, comp prop.
I also have a customer with a 17 weld craft, 90 hp yamaha 2 stroke, complete set up, for sale he is wanting a 18-70 set up.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Opp for the orginal question, I can look up the exact model later, there are a bunch, Most use a 13 hp, 1" shaft, with 1/4 "keyway, and drilled and tapped on hte shaft end. Itslike a Qa2 model I believe,, I will try and check later today when I order the 18 hp twin to start building one this week.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
The Honda Gx390Qae2 is the model I use, Electric start, with rope back up starting, oil warning, 13 hp. The gx 340 si the 11 hp.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts