2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the ramp at 0530 yesterday morning and the water was LOW. Had to jump down into the boat! My favorite marsh lake was practically dry. Not enough water for the TooShallow. Found some reds along a shoreline but they were not very receptive to artys. Noticed lots of crabs and caught one in the dip net, broke off the claws, cut him in half and put the pieces on jig heads. It didn't take long to get a limit of nice reds in the boat and my bait supply was free and easy to catch. Great day considering the conditions.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
One tide days have a lot to do with it since the outgoing has been the major move for most of the day past 10am! Though, in my opinion, the water levels are just running lower this year than I have seen in past years especially where I fish at! Not sure what to contribute it to?

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Not certain

FishFinder said:
One tide days have a lot to do with it since the outgoing has been the major move for most of the day past 10am! Though, in my opinion, the water levels are just running lower this year than I have seen in past years especially where I fish at! Not sure what to contribute it to?
But I would guess the Northwest wind had something to do with it. Kind of like winter time lows.

·
Banned
299 Posts
This last Sunday was the first time I had seen Todds Dump out of the water in years. And there was a pleasure boat that was about 25' long stranded on it too boot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts