2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a good wading net but haven't had much luck Googling and Academy's stock of wading nets is a joke.
Found the Frabill nets online which are good and a few others which i'm not impressed with.
One w/a cork handle and a good material that will last quite awhile is what i want.

Also while i'm on wading gear, whats the difference in the Hookset gear stringer and the Full Limit stringer(fulllimitstringers.com)?
I mainly want one that has the slick stuff on it, not the FishSlick i don't like those, but the rope ones w/that slick coating. Tired of my rope one and watching my friends just slide their fish on the stringer in like 3 seconds where it takes me much longer.

Thanks

·
there's only 1 Big Pocket
684 Posts
just used the new style stringer from Hookset Gear this past weekend and was very impressed. I didn't have a problem with taking fish off the old style, but this new style is even better. It seems to be very durable and the fish come off really easy.

overall, it is a great product from great people.

If you are in the Rockport area and would like to see one firsthand, just let me know and we'll see what we can do.

Also, don't know if you are in the market for a wade belt or not, but the ones at Hookset are top-notch.

Great stuff from those guys, and they understand the definition behind customer service.

Capt. Forrest

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats good to hear. I'm pretty much sold on the Hookset stringer already. Just need a better net. Been fishing w/junk for too long. LOL
Thanks

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Wolverine,
I know what you mean about the nets being junk. We've had a few folks ask us to source a decent net, and we haven't found one that we will sell.
I do think you will be pleased with the stringer. It is really the only one of it's kind that we have seen. Solid core; no rot; UV protected; smooth both directions; SS spike, heavy duty float...it's a solid product.
PM me if you have any questions about it.
Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
838 Posts
Go to bigfishwish.com and check their stuff out. Backpack and stringer are sweet..... Wadefishing made easy so-to-speak.

·
Lady-N2-Fishing )< :>
276 Posts
Really like my wading belt and stringer from Hookset Marine Gear

EASY and durable

solid core material
-does not absorb water, so no rot
-UV protected, so no sun damage
website is www.hooksetgear.com

Great customer service too!!! you can also PM Chris here on 2cool, (fishnlab)

·
Registered
84 Posts
The fish-n-hunt wading net is coming within the next few weeks and at 19.99 for a floating rubber net that is going to be hard to beat. Black anodized aluminum in a floating-tethered version. Check out the website under accessories.

www.fishandhunt.com

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
The wading net I use is the one from academy that's the rubber netting instead of nylon. It's 10 times better for using with lures that have treble hooks that's for sure.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
that net looks too big. i like a net i bought from academy with the cork handle, black hoop and net. i used black electrical tape to wrap the handle and it provides more leverage on the handle plus it floats barely which is great since it wont tangle with hooks or flying lures.

·
The Duck of Death
2,247 Posts
wolverine said:
by the way, ordered one of those stringers from Hookset, got to try it out yesterday on a quick after work wade. That thing is awesome! Fish slide right on and off of it. EXCELLENT product.
Thanks !

Dave

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I've had a wade-aid belt for about 7 years now, never had a single problem and use it year round a whole lot. I just lost the stringer that came with it about a month ago and ordered a Fish-Slick and man is it awesome! As far as the net goes I got a cork handle net from Marburgers for $20 and I put some styrofoam on the end and it floats behind me.

I have been very happy with the Wade-Aid and would be open to try any other belt if this one should happen to break or if I lost it, but so far so good!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just recieved one of their stringers and wade belts. I went with the 6" for back support. I ordered them one night and in two day they came in the mail. After dealing with alot of people on the internet it is refreshing to have such a great experience.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts