2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

does anyone know where to launch a boat around the galveston area??

Thank you so much--

js

·
What was I supposed to Member??
2,873 Posts
I was down at the GYB yesterday and the ramp was still closed. They are only letting the Corp of Eng, Coast Guard, TPWL, and people salvaging their boats use it for now. They didn't know how long it would be until it was opened up for public use. They still don't have power, and a long way to go on cleaning up.

That's where we usually launch, and Im not sure where to go now :confused:

·
Registered
5,803 Posts
Sosa, I'm facing the same challenge as you are. I want to take some friends out to the North jetty but obviously the GYB is closed.

Right now the closest thing I know of that's open is Fat Boy's. Not very close, I know..

If you find out a ramp that gets you to the jetties fairly easily please let me know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You could launch at Dickinson Bridge boat ramp on 146 (public ramp). They are building a new bridge so there's not a lot of room right now for parking. We have launched there many times and run south past Moses Lake and Texas City Dike to get to the jetties. Its about a 25-30 minute ride but its all open water. You could launch at Kemah and do the same thing. They have a lot more parking. Plus this scenic route gives you a lot of places to fish along the way there or back.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Ramps

You can also launch at the Fish Spot in Texas city and get there fairly easily.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Fish Spot

Where is Fish Spot?

·
Texas Lady Angler
2,410 Posts
If you're going to the jetties, Fat Boys is going to be the closest spot for now. I had heard there is a power line down across the ramp though -- anybody know if that's been cleared yet. Also, not sure but Teakwood Marina (Tiki) has or had a ramp but I heard that there were a lot of construction vehicle in their parking lot -- but you might be able to at least launch there. Good Luck. Let us know what you find.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts