2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking my wife for our vacation in late August, her HAIRDRESSER convinced her she had to go there and she reminded me that I had chosen the last few vacation places.

I know nothing of the country but have travelled most of the Caribbean and love it. Hopefully I can get some fishing in that will not break the bank. Looks like there are some marlin there in late summer but the inshore fishing is slow.

Any advise on fishing, lodging and dining would be much appreciated.

P.S. Ever ask your wife what a haircut costs?

·
Hunting Machine!
5,751 Posts
Man I lived there 5 years! Go to Mayaguez on the west coast, good fishin'--all of 40 mi.--nice beaches!--Luquillo best beach--not far from San Juan!--Isla Verde in Viejo San Juan! not bad--mucho Locals!--stay away from El Condado--mucho turistas--but a 1st class beach for hanging out--mucho robo ur camera stuff etc. or just don't leave it on the beach--I used to free dive there in condado for lobster and fish--mucho berracudda there for a cool bank-wade and mucho fish all over--If ya see a dude selling some palm hats and bead work ask him if he knows Robby and I know he will hook u up he speaks perfect eng. from the states--Dude I want to go--Tell ya what I guess I just have to guide u guys--put me on the plane as a pet! Ha! So many good memories!
Heck Jump on the Hydra Foil to St. Thomas/ St. John for bout $50.00 and make a real cool day or in my case months and really enjoy some cool beaches--cheep add on to ur trip! Dang--my list of to do there is hitting me and my fingers are smoking up the computer!--Any more info just pm me and I'll give ya a call on it!..........I will go again!--could tell ya about some dives but it's the wrong thread! Ha!

Man I didn't even touch on La Republica Dominicana! SOSUA! Man!---gotta go b 4 I start to cry!--Have kids born in those Islands! 2 Dominicana's and 1 Purto Rico--Bayamon!--I will live there one day when I finish raising my kids!

swamp.............................remembering lots of stuff!

·
fishes with calcutta
1,768 Posts
Puerto Rico is like any other tourist trap i.e. a good piece of fish will set you back $20.00 at a restaurant. Try the local food and don’t be squeamish. I’ll try not to confuse you with the Spanish names but look for vendors selling pinchons (chicken on a stick) and empanadas. Good food at a fraction of the price.

I don’t know how much time you have, or how old you are, but there’s plenty to see no mater what your interest. Arecibo Observatory is technically interesting but not all that much to look at. The Rain Forest (El Yunque) was nice and you’ll see some strange plants including bamboo as tall as East Texas pine trees. On the way to Fajardo there are some beaches at Los Pinos and Playa Fortuna with a good board walk. Get out of that air conditioned rent car and have a look. I think the ferry landing is in Fajardo. Buy a ticket and go over to Vieques Island, it’s a good Day trip. I wouldn’t stay more than one or two days in San Juan. The Old San Juan and the beach are nice but if you’ve seen one tee shirt shop you’ve seen them all. If you’re a drinker there are a couple of interesting distillery tours to take.

If you need more information PM me. Google has good maps of the Island.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.