2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the local seabrook fishhouse is out of bonita, i need some for a trip friday. does anybody know where to find some? thanks for any advice, we really need some in a hurry.

bone

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I have ocassionally seen them at HEB's seafood counter.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Just troll small jigs & lures within 5 miles of shore, or around the rigs. I always pick up a few bonita's. Heck w/paying for them, they're plentiful. I fish out of Freeport, & always have Bonita action.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The bonita have been thick off matagorda. Just look for action 500-1000 yards offshore and troll through the middle of it. Using silver spoons (with about 6" 49# wire in front. The spanish mac's were mixed in with them) I was able to catch a bunch in a hurry my last few trips out.

Mark

·
Registered
221 Posts
Bonita

I called Bayou City / LT Seafood and the dude sounded like he never heard on a Bonita. We are needing it for bait on a party boat trip so catching it going out is impossible. Any other ideas as to where to find a store to buy a bonita? Thanks

RH

·
Registered
26,147 Posts
another big oriental food store on Veteran's Memorial just south of 1960 has them all the time

they keep trying to filet them out for me :D

·
Registered
221 Posts
amount

we would like 8 or 10 fillets, or 4 or 5 fish. let me know, the party boat trip we are taking is this Friday July 14th out of Galveston on Capt. John's boat.

Thanks

Rowdy

·
Fishing from a paddle boat...
3,275 Posts
rustyhook2 said:
we would like 8 or 10 fillets, or 4 or 5 fish. let me know, the party boat trip we are taking is this Friday July 14th out of Galveston on Capt. John's boat.

Thanks

Rowdy
I'll be on that boat too. My first party boat trip. how are you planning on using the Bonita? Maybe I could swing thru the west belt area on the way home and get a few...

·
Registered
60 Posts
I dont know where your located, but I've got a fairly good size bonita in my deep freeze that your welcome too.

Blue. (lake jackson, ten minutes from Surfside)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thanks Everybody

I want to say thanks to all that have offered bonito, I stopped at LT SEAFOOD LTD across the street for Gallery Furniture and they had some. I bought 7 fish. Their number is 713.694.4444 and they carry all kind's of fish and bait. Cigar minnows are $1 a lb. That's $5 for a box that you will pay $10 at Galv or Freeport. FYI. Again thanks to ya'll that offered bonito but I fix my problem.

Rowdy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts