2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive noticed lately that people have been posting less and less. i just thought it was wierd. where is everbody??? :D

·
Banned
4,251 Posts
we all have jobs and families dude! Sometimes things are slow and you can post more, and sometimes things are hectic, and you post very little......think it's one of those hectic times right now.

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya i knew rite after i posted that i would get flamed for that. LOL today is my last full day of summer so i wont have so much time anymore either

·
PDiddy
1,828 Posts
Me? Well, I guess this is as good a place as any to share my last 24 hours or so. I took the last two days off for my birthday and my daughter's birthday party. During that time, my wife's doctor had asked me to come in and do some genetic blood work that was related to some of the test they do with the baby my wife was carrying. During that same time my wife had a regular check up with her doctor in the same building. After my quick draw of blood I went downstairs to meet up her and my daughter. When I walked in they were waiting in the waiting room and my wife told me that she was waiting to go back in because the nurse wanted to do an ultrasound because they could not find a heartbeat. No real big deal at this point as something similar happened to my daughter and those little microphone things they use are not all that accurrate any way.

So they call us in and so my daughter and I file into the examine room with my wife where they have the ultrasound setup. The doctor comes in and begins doing the ultrasound. They find the baby and unfortunately no heartbeat. According to the measurements apparently the baby had not grown since my wife's 12 week appointment - the baby should have been nearly 3 weeks bigger by now.

Needless to say yesterday was a long day of more doctors and hospitals and it continues today with the D&C that my wife is scheduled for.

For me, its been a bit hard as we had just found out at the 12 week mark that I was going to have my first boy - and you all know what that means with regards to what we do for fun, but the meaning was even greater for me as this was going to be one of only 2 that would have carried forward my family's last name.

If you are a believer and believe in prayer, please be praying for my wife and family during this time. We know that this to shall pass, but it still is a bit hard.

Thanks....
Paul

·
Registered
570 Posts
God bless you and your family. I'm certain that the folks on these boards, including me, are praying for all of you.

·
Paul Schulz
1,798 Posts
wow Paul,I am sorry for you and your family. My prayers are being sent and will continue till you guys pull through and after....

·
Banned
4,251 Posts
Paul, my wife was a high risk pregnancy, and we were EXTREMELY scared about something like what has happened to your family would happen to us. The first time my wife got pregnant, we lost the baby somewhere around 4-6 weeks. I shared your pain at that time and you have my sympathies. I do not know you, but if you need some sort of help from me, please ask.

Fortunately, this time (she is pregnant now) our story is a positive one. But until my son is born, I'm still nervous about every little thing my wife does and every little symptom she has.

Nik, I'm not picking on you, but if you're wondering where people are at sometimes, this is where we are!

·
Banned
4,251 Posts
listen to me.......28 years old and I sound like a grandpa preachin to Nik......sorry dude! Guess that's my paternal instincts gearing up for October when my son is born.

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
So sorry to hear the news Paul. Man, I love you like a brother and I feel your pain. Prayers sent bro.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts