2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be passing through Houston on Friday and want to stop by cut rate and get a few things. If there is a better place then let me know.

I think I remember it being on Fuqua (sp?) and 45.

·
Site Sponsor
250 Posts
Yep, Fuqua exit off 45.
There has been a lot of new construction going on around there, not as visible from the road in advance. They do have some signs that I think you can see when you pull up to the light at the exit; job right then back to the left to pull into their driveway.

Hope you have good luck.
Mike

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
ah...one of my favorite places. the store off of 45 is like an offshore fishing catalogue brought to life. they have almost anything you want for offshore fishing. not the cheapest place to buy but you have to like their selection. they also have a very knowledgeable salt water staff. not like the kids at bass pro who thought a bimini twist was a dance step....rick

·
Registered
640 Posts
Rick is right about Cut Rate not being Cut Rate anymore, both in price and name. It is now Fishing Tackle Unlimited I think. They used to be very reasonable. Like he said, their selection is great. While I was home for Christmas, I found a rod I liked (A Seeker 6470H). They wanted $215 for the rod. I bought the same rod for $171 from Captain Mike's Tackle Town. They do make nice custom rods. I have had my broomstick bottom fishing rod for 12 years and it is still in great shape. You have to specific on the componets you want, but they can turn a blank into something nice for you.
Pope

·
Dreamchaser
153 Posts
BassPro has a decent selection but dwindling all the time. Their prices are pretty good. They are at the Katy Mills Mall of I-10 Katy exit.

Cut Rate off I-10 going east, take the Voss exit and they are right on the feeder road not long after you take the exit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts