2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read in the paper today that Kings were spotty and had several charters come in over the weekend with the same problem. We on the other hand were up to our eyeballs in them. If there was more communication and less secrecy (Counter productive IMO) we would all be better off.

We were trolling around an achored boat at the SE Lump and some Jackass on a boat named "RIPPED" came roaring in from the North presumibly to beat us to a spot that we were right on top of and cut between us and the anchored boat at 20 MPH and then chopped his throttles right over our lines. No harm done but what a rude jerk! No apology, nothing! Well, we didn't hook squat there anyway so moved on out to the East and within 1/2 mile came across this several mile long rip that was loaded with Kings. They were eating $3 Feathers like candy! Wouldn't touch our $20 lures..........We left when our arms got tired.

On the way out saw another boat just lurking around with lines in and tried to reach him on the radio but no luck so started to motor over to him to tell him he was on top of the motherlode but he moved out when we got close.

Anyway, my point is its a shame that we on this board at least don't communicate better with each other. The fish move and knowing the general area where they are today would be beneficial to us all. I can understand a truely secret spot but most are not and this information could be shared. The only reason I would not want to share intel would be I dont want to fish anywhere near the likes of "Ripped".

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Agree

"When" I do catch, I will tell. This helps me to know if I was Luckily just in the right place at the right time or a Honey Hole.

I gave a spot in Port O and asked if I could get a report back if he/they caught. Never heard back. Now when I go back in July, I'm not sure whether to try that spot or not.

So it helps both ways, IMO.

Bernard

·
Kamikaze
4,591 Posts
Will be trolling/drifting for Kings this weekend, fishing gods willing. Gonna try SE of Galveston about 20-30 miles. Will report trip results Monday!

·
Live Like No One Else.
5,391 Posts
Saturday I will be trying to caught a few Kings out of Matagorda. I will give a report I just hope it will be as close to as good as last time.

·
Kamikaze
4,591 Posts
Matagorda

michaelbaranowski said:
Saturday I will be trying to caught a few Kings out of Matagorda. I will give a report I just hope it will be as close to as good as last time.
michaelbaranowski - - Where are you launching from???

·
From the old school
1,406 Posts
Might try it too

You know fathers day weekend...errrr I might get to take the boys out... Cat O' Lies when you heading out of Tiki maybe I will see you out there.
joker

·
Kamikaze
4,591 Posts
If I decide to go out of Galveston I will be leaving from TC Dike because of the SKA tournament and the $9 launch fee at GYB. Will try to leave at 06:15 sharp.

·
From the old school
1,406 Posts
ouch

I forgot about the SKA that ought to make for a interesting weekend.....(I am in the tourny move out my way oh ahh can I fish your chum line?).... well at least I will miss the mess at tiki and the ship channel.
I hope this doesn't turn into a shoulda coulda woulda weekend....translation.....shoulda enterd the tourny.....coulda made it back in time and woulda took the money We went through that with a ska tourny 2 yrs ago out of freeport, we said our boat was to slow and just went to fun fish came back with a fish that would have took the money .......
joker

·
Kamikaze
4,591 Posts
Funny how things work! Friend of mine caught a 52lb king two weekends ago on a charter, too bad he's not a CCA Star member, he would be the leader for a new 21' Contender. Shoulda, woulda, coulda!!!!

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Then enter the tournament, jokerswild. Doesn't have anything to do with how fast your boat is, its all in how you wiggle your worm, or in this case, ribbon fish.:fish:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Plenty kings off Galveston

We launched from TC Dike on Sunday morning. Seas were 3ft - 3.5 ft. Found clean water and a school of jumping kings about 12 miles southeast of Galveston.

Loaded 4 small kings in about 15 minutes

·
From the old school
1,406 Posts
I would fish it in a heart beat

just need someone to pay the entry fees.....any takers?
joker

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Big Kings!

I've caught a few pretty good kings in the last week. Both just a little over 40. They might not win, but I'll bet they would place.
I know there are bigger in the area. We weren't fishing for them.
They were caught on live bait, down about 30 feet. Holding over the top of the wreck we were fishing.
Stetson and the Clay Piles are always good for big kings in June.

Good luck,

Capt. Jeff Gerrans

1 - 15 of 15 Posts