2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Duty Is Our's; Consequences are God's!
7,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son wants to go wading for some flounder, and I have not gotten much wading in this year. Would love to put him on some flounder, but not sure where to go.

Normally we would hit Seabrook Flats, but haven't heard any reports from there. Flounder are normally there this time of year, has anybody been catching any over there or is there somewhere else that is hot?

Thanks in advance for any information.
Derek

·
Duty Is Our's; Consequences are God's!
7,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mastercylinder said:
sportman's road...mosquito island? the only bad thing is that, this weekend, it'll be y'all and 50 other people vying for the same spot.
Yep, you are right about this weekend. We are really planning on going next weekend. Figure most of the folks will be recovering from this weekend by not going fishin' next weekend or at least that's what we hope.

Thanks
Derek

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
bountyhunter said:
My son wants to go wading for some flounder, and I have not gotten much wading in this year. Would love to put him on some flounder, but not sure where to go.

Normally we would hit Seabrook Flats, but haven't heard any reports from there. Flounder are normally there this time of year, has anybody been catching any over there or is there somewhere else that is hot?

Thanks in advance for any information.
Derek
Right accross the street from Sams beach! :D That whole south shoreline are great Flounder spots. If I was going right now, I would try the old condos. The ones that have that boat canal leading out with those pilings sticking out.

Or Rooster Collins flats, but to the left, and nearer the shore. All around that island right at the end of Galvetraz.

·
Premium Member
40,471 Posts
There are some in Seabrook but all I have seen are small. I heard down at the Texas City levee, on the right side, there are some getting picked up..and they are not the targets, most caught while trout fishing.

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
You got a PM coming, Derek.

·
Texas Lady Angler
2,410 Posts
Be sure and take you some red Berkley Gulp 3" swim minnows. The flounder just love them. See avatar. Good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts