2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those Tournament guys that have hung the sharks up at the dike - Well, it has been rumored (and I believe it) that in the past, without concern or morals, they have actually thrown away a half-a-pot of maccaroni & cheese. I have a neighbor that has seen the evidence, some noodles just laying on the ground at the exact spot that their trash can normally sits at by the curb. Uuuuggghh!

Tony

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hey

LOL! Come on now..... Also they have dumped their dead "live shrimp" after a day in their live well also finger mullet, marsh minnows and I saw one cut up a croaker and waste it.
Seriously, I believe in catch and release, and not wasting. But, this is getting like a religion.
If you don't believe, act like I do, YOU ARE WRONG!
The first f you that don't waste a resource at some time cast the first rotten mullet.
The only way to convert people to your way of thinking is by example not ridicule.
And if you think the sport fishing scene isn't 100 % better around tournaments, I HAVE some pics from the early eighties Galveston tournaments.
The sport fishermen are doing their part. I see it everyday. WE have made more sacrifices than the commercial industry.
If you like to yell and complain,,,,, get after the shrimpers and longliners.
Hpw many sharks are actually killed in that tournament? Or is it ,, you get to see the results?
A man that is respected as trying to do right, just killed a large hammerhead. All is forgiven and OK, he tried to revive. ( I am not getting down on him, I would have done same thing)
Still a dead shark because of a sport fisherman. If you fish for a big shark,, chances are it will die. How will you justify your actions?

·
15,098 Posts
big lou said:
LOL! Come on now..... Also they have dumped their dead "live shrimp" after a day in their live well also finger mullet, marsh minnows and I saw one cut up a croaker and waste it.
Seriously, I believe in catch and release, and not wasting. But, this is getting like a religion.
If you don't believe, act like I do, YOU ARE WRONG!
The first f you that don't waste a resource at some time cast the first rotten mullet.
The only way to convert people to your way of thinking is by example not ridicule.
And if you think the sport fishing scene isn't 100 % better around tournaments, I HAVE some pics from the early eighties Galveston tournaments.
The sport fishermen are doing their part. I see it everyday. WE have made more sacrifices than the commercial industry.
If you like to yell and complain,,,,, get after the shrimpers and longliners.
Hpw many sharks are actually killed in that tournament? Or is it ,, you get to see the results?
A man that is respected as trying to do right, just killed a large hammerhead. All is forgiven and OK, he tried to revive. ( I am not getting down on him, I would have done same thing)
Still a dead shark because of a sport fisherman. If you fish for a big shark,, chances are it will die. How will you justify your actions?
.............Well Said Lou

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Illegal??????

I'm understanding that if you cannot convience the enforcement agency...TP&W,
Local PD, County Mounty, Air Control, that it should be stopped or is illegal...THEY
must think that it is NOT worth chasing after....Whine if you want to but IT AIN'T
GOING TO CHANGE....
Mustad7731
Jackie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.