2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This sucks, new motorcycle in the garage that I can't ride, Wendy's new Kenner setting in my driveway that I can't go fishin in..... CAUSE IT WON'T STOP FRIGGING RAINING.... I'M SICK OF IT.......

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
Rain Stopped Play

Planning to try and be constructive @ home today......maybe a little scouting for tomorrow.

The plan tomorrow is beer & crawfish.

Any suggestions?

British Summer Story.
This weather is very similar to a British summer. The summer sport over there is cricket, played on a large oval field. When you read/hear the scores, the most common report is "Rain Stopped Play". This expression is a key phrase in the British version of English and is widely used to describe any event that is affected by rain. Many phrases and expressions cross the Atlantic, in both directions. It is a shame that this particular one has arrived on the Texas coast.

steve

·
Borders, language, culture
6,342 Posts
I'm in Corsicana visiting my sister. It's raining here too.

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
Hmmm...weather's beautiful here in Denver! The mountains received LOTS of snow this last weekend, so the view is beautiful! ;)

I still haven't found any saltwater around here, though... :(

·
Registered
117 Posts
Look on the bright side...

The marshes are soaking up all that water for the DUCKS! With this much rain, (and a little more in October), it should be a good duck season.:D

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ShadMan said:
Hmmm...weather's beautiful here in Denver! The mountains received LOTS of snow this last weekend, so the view is beautiful! ;)

Just rub it in Shaddy, maybe this summer I can ride the bike up there and visit...The big V Twin outta eat up them mountains....LOL

·
Banned
137 Posts
Anyone ever try fishing in the rain? I used to bass fish in the rain all the time and had decent luck at times. Just curious how it affects the fish in the salt.

·
Registered
712 Posts
ShadMan said:

But, what's the tempature? the weather channel said this morning it was awfully cold ~36?

If its that cold here I wouldn't be fishin anyway.

james

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
No way! We were at 75 or so most of the day...just came in from smoking a cee-gar and pickin' on the gee-tar and it's 62 and beautiful right now! It's getting down to maybe 55 at night here and up to 80 most days. Probably only 75 or so tomorrow, though...there's a front coming through. Now, 20 miles from here in the mountains is a different story! At 12,000ft today it reached a high of 60 and will get down to about 40 tonight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts