2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Galveston on the north jetties with an incoming tide which side do you prefer more? Inside or outside? Last few times we have been down there to fish we fished the inside like most other. Anchoring near the rocks and casting at them and let the bait drift back toward you and past. The last time we were there near the end of the jetties we went around to the outside and let the bait drift toward the rock and got into some pretty good trout. Now I've only been fishing there twice so not an expert on jettie fishing but looking for some input from other on there experiences.

·
Registered
63 Posts
if the water color is the same on both sides i usually take the lee side so i can ease up to the rocks to set my anchor so i can get it out easily when i go to leave

·
Banned
906 Posts
I am no jetty expert, but I had heard on an incoming tide fish the inside and on an outgoing tide fish the outside. That seemed to be true for me this past Friday and Saturday.

Maybe someone with more jetty knowledge can clarify? I would like to know as well.

·
2860 ProKat twin 250 Suzukis
108 Posts
I have been fishing the jetties for years and I can tell you it doesn't matter as long as the tide is moving, I have had better luck on the channel side but it is a little more dangerous with ship wakes and the prevailing south, southeast wind is pushing you toward the rocks. Bigfish

1 - 8 of 8 Posts