2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if I missed this in some prior posts, but I noticed in Oz's report a reference to the shrimpers starting up soon. I haven't made it down to the coast yet this year and will finally be able to in the next few weeks. I'd like to get down there before the shrimpers start. Anyone know when that is?

·
Registered
377 Posts
The shrimpers

Yea, it's really disappointing to have beautiful baits completely untouched when the shrimpers are nearshore. Some nights camping on PINS, you can count 50-100 lights of shrimp boats. Every shark in the Gulf is on the free all-you-can-eat buffet. No need for sharks to scrounge around looking for my bait.

·
Mostest Bestest Member Ever!
4,988 Posts
Yeah but it makes it really easy for us guys in boats!

·
Duck removal service
1,034 Posts
If he was in the Gulf

He may have been OK even if he was in the Gulf. TP&W contracts several boats up and down the coast to take samples. The season is always scheduled to re-open on the 15th, but if the shrimps size is too small they are authorized to keep it closed until the shrimp "size-up". I can't remember a time they did that, but they can.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.