2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Hedgehog in the house
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going over to may Dads..(papaw) tonite every year they cook beef brisket in the oven like a roast its bad a** served with greenbeans ,mashed taters ,fresh rolls, ect. For christmas day I am makeing a pot of homemade grilled Chicken Fettuccine alfreado (let the kids pick this year)fresh greenbeans and garlic bread... and as a few of yall know donkeyman still on the liquid diet he will be having a protein shake due to receving the lap band on the 15th. Merry Christmas to all of yall !!!!

·
I'm a millionaire in a .02 opinion world
2,569 Posts
Oysters and fish for me served with a Ginger Ale mixed with R&R. B&P

·
Made in the U.S.A with Mexican Parts
809 Posts
It is a tradition in my family that we get together the Saturday before Christmas at my mom's house to make Tamales. We use my Grandmothers recipe. The whole gang shows up, aunts, uncles, and cousins. This is our first year without my Grandmother, she passed away in July. This years Tamales will be bitter sweet.
My parents usually freeze the tamales and then thaw them out the morning of the 24th, and cook them in the afternoon so they are ready for the Christmas festivities that evening. Fun is had by all and there is much rejoicing, yaaaaaaaaaay! (10 points for who can guess what movie that is from?)

Just in case anybody is wondering, no, my Grandmother DID NOT get run over by a raindeer!

Have a safe and Merry Christmas everyone

Saggrock

·
Banned
8,277 Posts
Boiled shrimp, a juicy Ribeye, asparagus w/ hollondaise sauce, and pecan pie with Blueberry Southern Cobbler--ya'll got me hooked on that ice cream. rs

·
Made in the U.S.A with Mexican Parts
809 Posts
10 points for Spec!!

My first post reminded me of the old joke,

Q: Why do Mexicans eat Tamales on Christmas?

A: So they can have something to unwrap. :smile:

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Cooking a super trimmed brisket in my Orion smoker and also grilling lamb chops along with mashed taters topped with cheese, green beans, fresh rolls, etc.

BTW - IT IS FREE WHATABURGER TODAY WITH THE 12TH DAY AND FINAL COUPON FROM WHATABURGER!

·
Registered
985 Posts
Family tradition is go to my parents house for Christmas eve...mom and dad are 87 years old now and not in good health, and the number of family has shrunk over the years, so we are making each year count with mom and dad. Mom used to do all the cooking, but it is my turn now.

We do a Christmas eve seafood buffet kinda thing...leave the front door open, people come and go, visit and eat what they like.

Tonite: Turkey, grilling fresh wild salmon, Texas crab cakes, boiled shrimp, new taters, yams of course, stuffed jalepenos, deviled eggs, then...pies, pies, and more pies.

Mom used to make coconut shrimp and oysters Rockafeller, but that recipe is lost in her 87 year old mind (hoping maybe it will come back to her so I can write it down). We skipped the oysters this year...

Christmas day: giant gumbo.....crab, shrimp, sausage (and anything else that sounds good)...

Merry Christmas to all. Make sure you hug a family member and remind them that you love them this Christmas.

God bless you and your families!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Christmas dinner is brisket, suasage, tater salad, beans.
Christmas Eve tradition is for all to gather at the folks house for chili.
Made some Ceviche for the noon gathering today.

·
Buzzards gotta eat! same as worms!!!!
2,944 Posts
Ham sandwhich and some tater chips.......

1 - 20 of 64 Posts