2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I'm assuming you are asking about culling a 4.5 year old 8 point. 90% of the time, I would cull him if you can know that he will never mature into a big or "trophy" 8.

However, I did witness one deer last year that was a mainframe 8 with split G2s that was probably 6.5. He was on the hit list, but no one ever shot him. This year, he showed up with the same split G2s, but was a mainframe 10 and a **** good deer. This is the only time I have witnessed a deer going from an 8 to a 10 post maturity.

·
Raiser of BOB White Quail
19,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm assuming you are asking about culling a 4.5 year old 8 point. 90% of the time, I would cull him if you can know that he will never mature into a big or "trophy" 8.

However, I did witness one deer last year that was a mainframe 8 with split G2s that was probably 6.5. He was on the hit list, but no one ever shot him. This year, he showed up with the same split G2s, but was a mainframe 10 and a **** good deer. This is the only time I have witnessed a deer going from an 8 to a 10 post maturity.
Yes I did cull him. I wanted to hear What y'all would have done.I hunt small acres & low fence & people hunting three sides around me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts