2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep getting calls from a Pay Phone with a recording that an inmate is placing a call to my number. I have been hanging up but should I listen to a full message and see if a 2 cooler, perhaps J or Gary, needs help?

·
The Thread Killer
1,350 Posts
careful, somehow they can charge your number with long distant calls, I would find where they are comming from and notify someone

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
Its ok Dave I got out alright on my own.:):):)

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
I have been getting these collect calls from jail for years. At first I wondered who I knew who wanted me to bail them out but I never accepted the calls.

·
Typical Texan
8,414 Posts
They roll through our office about once a month. We're all assigned cubes and nobody gets many phone calls and then you'll start hearing the phone ring from phone to phone to phone.

·
Registered
199 Posts
big pun is correct those guys have figured a way to enter a certain code to hold the line open and when you hang up it will hold the line and give them a dial tone to dial local or longdistance from the phones in the tank. When I worked in the jail I always saw the phone off the hook in the dayroom of the tank and never thought much about it until one of the other officers told me what was happening. After that I would hang all the phones up and it would hack those guys off. I always thought it funny to hang them up because it might be days before they could get another open line.

Ramon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts