2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came home this week and noticed one of it's largest branches covered in a webbing. Closer inspection reveals bugs (see red circles) not tent worms or anything like that. Has anyone else dealt with this? Just wondering if I need to do something special before using a general insecticide.

Attachments

· Premium Member
23,832 Posts
Rusty, a mixture of liquid detergent and water, sprayed from a pump up sprayer will take care of that. Mix it like you would for washing a car or truck. One "squirt" per 2 or 3 gallons. Works good for wasps, yellow jackets, and ants too.

· fishes with calcutta
1,768 Posts
In a week or so you’ll notice a gillion little catapillars. I think their called web worms or something like that. I'd kill'em now or you'll have those little buggers all over the place.

· Fishin' 4 Crappie
337 Posts
What kind of detergent? I have a wasp problem and I have bought a bunch of spray. Is it instant death. I don't want to get nailed by angry wasps.

Mont said:
Rusty, a mixture of liquid detergent and water, sprayed from a pump up sprayer will take care of that. Mix it like you would for washing a car or truck. One "squirt" per 2 or 3 gallons. Works good for wasps, yellow jackets, and ants too.

· NRA LIFER
3,180 Posts
Not to sound like a hardhead here, but.....

The first time I had these guys in my oaks I called Ability Tree Experts. They came out, checked, and told me not to touch them. They are a beneficial insect. Eric is correct in what he says.

So if you don't want to take our word they are a good thing, call Ability and get them to come out and charge you for the same info Eric and I are telling you.

Bob

· fishes with calcutta
1,768 Posts
OK maybe I’m wrong but it sure looks like the same thing I have on my oak tree. It appears about this time every year and I take a high pressure nozzle and spray the dickens out of of’em. My neighbor has a bad case of web worms every year and I’m assuming it’s the same thing. I’ll leave them alone this year and see if worms hatch.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.