2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
www.crittergitters.net
1,896 Posts
Not sure if it is open.I do not go there.They do not let public use thier ramps. I will not go out of my way to go get bait from them or fuel. They do a great job with tournaments,but I think it would be great to have a ramp there for the public.
Just my 2 pennies.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Ya i went there the other day by boat to get a snack. Only 1 person working the store, and he told me they were having problems with there bank.... Something sounds fishy.

·
Cast & Blaster
3,333 Posts
I've been launching there every weekend... They sent out a notice before Christmas stating that the bank they were using refused to release the last 3,000,000 of their construction loan. Legal battle from what I've been told and until they get it sorted out (hopefully February) they are running on a skeleton crew. They are not selling slips, homes or anything and just on a holding pattern. The little store up there was not selling food, one guy said something about a health inspector shut them down? This was from an employee's mouth...

I'd call before going over for gas etc. Just ask before venturing across the bay :D

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
It is hard for me to understand why the bank would want to confiscate the collateral if it is worth less than previously thought. I guess, in their infinite wisdom, the bankers think they better know how to complete the development than the developer does. I don't think, though, that the market is large enough for lots/homes in that price range.

·
Registered
277 Posts
It is hard for me to understand why the bank would want to confiscate the collateral if it is worth less than previously thought. I guess, in their infinite wisdom, the bankers think they better know how to complete the development than the developer does. I don't think, though, that the market is large enough for lots/homes in that price range.
Harborwalk is now more than 75-80% sold out. Only the final section of lots remain unsold. Many speculators bought lots there....it still remains to be seen how it turns out, but what is already there is really nice. Its a great alternative to going all the way down to pirates beach or the far west end of the island to get away from the run down areas.

What happened is their bank called their loan and they cant get any more draws....It will get worked out. The collateral is far in excess of what is owed and so they will end up getting their money. As always, it appears that the only person who is really going to win in this situation is the attorneys.

I actually think that if you spend that kind of jack you would expect a private boat ramp so I have no qualms there (and I dont own a house or lot there). The fuel and bait have always been public and they always have bait for those who wanted it.

The sooner it gets worked out the better. The developer is a multimillionaire, if not billionaire, and so I have a feeling it will get worked out.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I'm down here duck hunting this weekend and everything seems pretty close to normal. Put gas in the boat, loaded up the coolers with ice and stocked up on cold beer for after the hunt...they had everything they've always had, except the deli was closed (hope it opens soon, the breakfast burritos rock!) Looks like they're running with a limited staff right now, but I didn't notice any lack of service.

There is a nice letter to customers and homeowners on the door to the ship-store explaining everything that is going on. Hopefully everything gets back to normal soon, seems like the bank did them wrong on this one.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Banks often do.
I'm down here duck hunting this weekend and everything seems pretty close to normal. Put gas in the boat, loaded up the coolers with ice and stocked up on cold beer for after the hunt...they had everything they've always had, except the deli was closed (hope it opens soon, the breakfast burritos rock!) Looks like they're running with a limited staff right now, but I didn't notice any lack of service.

There is a nice letter to customers and homeowners on the door to the ship-store explaining everything that is going on. Hopefully everything gets back to normal soon, seems like the bank did them wrong on this one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts