2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Colossians 3
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm headed to FW in July with the wife on a business trip and wondering what kind of local attractions are available. Any good restuarants near the convention center and around old FW?

Thanks, Ken

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
Pretty much every time I go to Ft Worth, I eat at cajun at Razzoos in Sundance Square downtown. Cattleman's is decent for steaks also. The stockyards is the place to go for night life. There are also a few restaurants in there.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I always head over to the White Elephant in the stock yards and have a few cold ones and listen to the band. Fun place and great music.

·
senor member
6,148 Posts
Bass Hall is downtown, it's performing arts. Lots of concerts and misical performances, you could check that out.

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
3,502 Posts
I'll second the White Elephant in the stock yards. If you have time, the Botanical Gardens is very nice.

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
White Elephant and Joe T Garcia's are both good. I like going to White Elephant early afternoon, have a few beers, play pool on the most un-level pool table ever, and check out the bands. Then go over to Longhorn, Cadillacs, or Cowboys in Arlington at night.

·
Registered
244 Posts
My Cuz plays at The White Elephant alot. Visit his Website at 'bradhinesmusic.com'.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Hinezerelli said:
My Cuz plays at The White Elephant alot. Visit his Website at 'bradhinesmusic.com'.
I love going to watch you cousin. Man he is great! Thats guy must swallow a pound of copenhagen a day! Always dippin never spittin.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Near the Convention Center there are several places to eat. Just a few blocks North is Sundance Square. Lots of places to eat around there, Mi Cocina for Mexican, Del Frisco's for steaks, Texas de Brazil for a smorgasboard of meat, Daddy Jacks for seafood, Cabo Grande for Mexican seafood....all of these are located within minutes of the Convention Center.

The Stockyards is a nice place to go if you've never been. If you are around on a Friday or Saturday night, check out the Rodeo and then go to the bars. H3 steakhouse is probably the best eatery in the stockyards, they have good steaks and their fried catfish is awesome.

·
Registered
410 Posts
As mention there are lots of good restaurants in Sundance Square and in the Stockyards. Cattlemans was mentioned for a good steak, while that is true they are not as good as they once were. Riskeys Steak House (next to White Elephant) serves a better steak, IMO. I wholeheartedly concur with White Elephant as a watering hole or a great place to listen to good music (Shaddy - I dont think the Longhorn is open any more...) For GREAT Mexican food, a little hole in the wall called El Asadero, on Main between the Stockyards and Downtown, is where I would go. However, the atmosphere is nowhere near that of Joe T.'s. Most of the staff speaks little to no english and the novellas are always on, so you know its gotta be good.

Bass Hall was also mentioned, try to catch a show there if you can. The venue is unbelieveable. There is also the Kimble Art Museum and the Omni Theater at the Will Rogers complex. Minor League baseball team Ft. Worth Cats play at LaGrave Field just across the Trinity River bridge from the courthouse, again on Main between Downtown and the Stock Yards. There is a Brewery (Rahr's - I think is the name) in Ft. Worth that may offer tours.

I hope you enjoy your trip to my city. Let me know if you have more questions or want more info.

Scott

·
Registered
466 Posts
and if you have access to a vehicle, Bass pro & Cabelas are within 30 - 40 min of downtown . . . just for those little "last minute" fishing / hunting needs :)

·
Colossians 3
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank folks, this Carolina boy will have fun in Texas.

I must say this to compliment Texas. The hospitality I have had every time I visited Texas has been top notch. Sorry to saymuch better than where I'm from.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Go to Mi Cocina and buy your wife two Mambo Taxis. You'll thank me later. ;)
(After further thought, just one will do it.)

·
Colossians 3
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I cant wait. The wife will be there for Premier Designs National Rally (jewelry). I think I'll rent a car. Bass Pro & Cabellas sounds good during the day.

I'll be checking in later on with questions near departure time. Thanks.

·
Registered
17,210 Posts
Try to stay off of "Rosedale" at night, Well daytime too. LOL

1 - 20 of 24 Posts