2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, guys, fess up.

What's the worst Christmas/Birthday gift you gave your wife, the one gift she'll never let you forget?

·
The older I get, the better I was.
2,830 Posts
It was last year. We (she) decided that we would not get any gift for each other. We decided this because we "adopted" a family in our church that was having $ problems...any way Christmas day came and I got her a card, with a heart felt message that I personally wrote, and she got me some a couple of shirts and a pair of shoes. She got pretty hacked at the idea that I did not get her anything. I tried to reiterate that "we" decided not to buy anything for each other, but that did not work. So "we" have decided NOT to get anything for each other this year as well. You know since we have "adopted" another family for Christmas. I have told her NOT to expect anything from me this year and i am not going to get her anything this year either I guess out of spite.:D

·
Proud Infidel
1,220 Posts
Birthday Present

It was a Birthday present for my future wife at the time. I didn't spend any time thinking of her since I was buying a new truck that day. I did however give her a $50 dollar bill and a nice card. Needless to say that didn't fly! We laugh about it now.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I bought my wifey a sexy outfit, but it was a size too big!!!!!!!!! Never buy her clothes, if its small she is getting fat, it its too big you think shes fat.No win situation

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
This is way back....a set of workout tights and an aerobics video. It was a bad-bad idea, but perfectly innocent. She was into "Jazzercise" and working out, so I thought of it like a new hobby, not an insult.

This year was a "no gift" just a card year. Right, I saw a package in the garage yesterday with a "no peeking" card on it. I asked, and she said, " I go you something. It's not much." Great. So much for the no-gift year. Now I need to get something for her and I haven't a clue.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Buddy bought his wife a snuggie for her b-day....she was not happy. It comes up often, he won't live that down.

·
Bull Frog hunter
9,276 Posts
I got Ms 24Buds a trollin motor one year for Christmas. She opened it in front of my family........played like she liked it........she didn't...

good thing I put a gold diamond braclet in the bottom of the box. that wasn't looking good. Still funny either way!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Not me, but several years ago a salesman that worked for me gave his wife a pistol, 6 month later she killed him with it!

·
Reel Easy
2,676 Posts
I did however give her a $50 dollar bill and a nice card. Needless to say that didn't fly! We laugh about it now.
Did the same thing for my mom and needless to say she didn't think it was as good of an idea as i did.

Buddy bought his wife a snuggie for her b-day....she was not happy. It comes up often, he won't live that down.
He should follow it up with the Snuggie Sutra..it's real just google it!

·
Roll Tide!!!
2,974 Posts
A Hula Hoe and a leaf rake! She wanted more exercise and didn't want to join a gym. Anybody remember the Hula Hoe? I wasn't so funny at the time, but it's funny as heck now. I guess that's why she's the ex-wife! :p

1 - 20 of 82 Posts