2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Cert.Weigh Master,since 1999
15,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got some FINS Original PRT 40# (9# mono Equiv Dia.) I was going to put on my Shimano Thunnus 6000 BaitRunner. Underneath that pk of braid lay 2- H20 Mettle's I got from Academy. What do U think? Too much as far as #age? Whats the heaviest # test braid U put on a BC reel?

·
Pimp
7,688 Posts
I've run 35lb power pro on my 3500 baitrunner for years, I love it. 100lb on the tld 15/20's

How do you like the heavier Baitrunner? They are all twin drag right?

Andrew

·
Do you know who I think I am???
5,212 Posts
I put 50# PP on my Curados and Revo STXs... So, no it is not too heavy.

·
Pimp
7,688 Posts
yall yankin my chain, or are you tellin me that braid works fine on those little b casters?

and why in the hold freakin hell would you put 50# on there?

a

·
29.42" Hg
5,238 Posts
yall yankin my chain, or are you tellin me that braid works fine on those little b casters?

and why in the hold freakin hell would you put 50# on there?

a
Andrew,

Braid is the only line to use on small baitcaster's. It cast's better, lasts longer, and the no memory aspect minimizes backlash.

I use 40#, or 50# on all my small baitcaster's. I prefer the heavier line because the lighter test line's tend to float.

·
Pimp
7,688 Posts
float, wow, I haven't thought of that. I've always preferred the 8lb test braid from berkley on my small spinners, I like to be able to feel the fish's heartbeat...
I'm thinking the lighter line may be a backlasher's wet dream... where as the heaver stuff would flow off the spool easier?

a

·
Cert.Weigh Master,since 1999
15,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanx............now for part B. I always did like Ande line. I have some 15# pink I thought about joining the two lines together. Got to read alittle deeper about how much Ande mono to put on and and then some braid. Thoughts?

·
Pimp
7,688 Posts
on my spinners I like to spool it almost full with braid, then about 20-30' of andy 15#, you can keep the pink though..
The mono holds up better against shell and stuff.

a

1 - 11 of 11 Posts