2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
JP
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like to TRY to make me a rod but was wondering whats a good starter kit i can buy....

·
Registered
10,344 Posts
Several of the sponsors of rodbuilding.org, as well as cabelas, sell kits. You need to decide what kind of fishing you're going do w/ it and select the appropriate kit. A med-light spinner might be a good place to start. No need to load up on equipment unless you get hooked like the rest of us.

·
Registered
109 Posts
http://shop.mudhole.com/s.nl/it.A/id.13266/.f?sc=2&category=401

A buddy of mine and I bought this video a week before fathers day last year. Our fathers fish as much as we do and we were tired of buying them the same old stuff all the time. We figured that a custom rod would be nice if we made them. We watched the video on Sunday night and went to FTU Monday evening to buy the things we needed. Talked to the guys in FTU and they said we were crazy and better buy some backup gifts. We let it go and bought the stuff. To make a long story short we built two beautiful rods for our fathers and have been doing it ever since. The Flex coat video will help alot. After doing a few you will find things that will help and make things easier but all in all this is a good place to start.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts