2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been in contact with someone that may have an opening on a lease in Junction. Its a 1300 acre piece of property which is part of a large piece of property, 4 guns on the 1300 acres I THINK. Has a house with water, electric, central a/c & heat. Walk-in cooler/ Cleaning rack with lights. You are allowed 1 trophy buck, 1 cull, 3 does, and 1 exotic per season plus hogs and turkey. Year around access. (Deer, Turkey, Dove Season Hunting)
~Needing to know what a place like this should cost per gun~
Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Our lease is around $2900 but it includes $100 for Electricity and another $100 for Sat TV, paper goods etc.
We are able to harvest one Axis buck and Blackbuck buck which is worth a few more dollars.
We are S. of Junction and are interested in pursueing other ranches(4-6 members) that may provide similar hunting with less drama though out the year and a different management philosophy.

627 Posts
If the quality of deer is good, it should be more than $2500 per gun. $10 per acre is a good rule of thumb if there are good deer and the management has been sound the last few years. That would make it $3250 per gun in this case--especially a year-round lease.

Rob

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would say the deer pictures that i have seen are 120-130, maybe a couple over 130.

Sugars Pop~ This place does not have any Blackbuck and only a few axis, not an overpopulated exotic place like alot of Junction.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
I'd love to pay $2500 a gun for 4 guns for 1300 acres....with a house....with electricity.....with water....

I think it will probably be closerr to $3500 considering there are only 4 people.

everyone talks about $8/acre leases... but I never find them outside of east texas.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A little more info after talking to the guy again, its 10 guns on 1300 acres. Water, Electricity are included in the $2000/gun.
Most deer are in the 120-130s and have killed a couple in the low 140s but still some nice deer for the Hill Country

·
quando omni flunkus, mortati
1,506 Posts
Thats what my place in Junction is running and we have no exotics!

·
Gone Phishing
6,976 Posts
A little more info after talking to the guy again, its 10 guns on 1300 acres. Water, Electricity are included in the $2000/gun.
Most deer are in the 120-130s and have killed a couple in the low 140s but still some nice deer for the Hill Country
10 guns on 1300 acres?

·
I'll keep my gun...You keep the change
10,507 Posts
Most people I know in the Junction area are paying over 3K for a decent lease w/exotics

·
Registered
19,248 Posts
10 guns on 1300 acres is unbelieveable. Dont count on any game management there obvious the land owner doesent care about quality of the deer, only money. You need to look at prices of leases at how much per acre and then how many hunters. Good leases with all the houses, electricity are usually between 10 and 15 bucks an acre.

Charlie

1 - 16 of 16 Posts