2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got these 2 this morning in Blanco county. Was wondering what any of you think he might score. Not huge by any means but a true trophy to me. Im a hill country hunter and I havent seen a whole bunch bigger that came from low fence and no protein. First one is mine. Second is my father.

Attachments

·
Screw it. Lets ride!
3,259 Posts
Who cares about the score? You got to go hunting with your dad, and yall both scored nice deer. Priceless.

Ok, Im in for 127.

·
76-37-5
1,187 Posts
I hunted Blanco County back in the mid 80's and those are both fine bucks for that area. Congratulations to you and your Dad.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Those definately look to be from the same gene pool. Look at the similar forks on the right side as well as "crab claw" on the left. Both awesome deer and congrats!

·
Tiny is Gone... Hi, My Name is ROGER
5,886 Posts
Measure him out and let us know how close we were. 128 5/8

·
Pirate Looking At 40
611 Posts
Splendid deer for sure , Y'all got some good genes with both having split G2s.

Awsome, Congrats to you both....

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
really busy this week but I will score him as soon as I can. Hoffer you know how us boys from Seguin do it. The ranch in question is right outside Johnson City and my cousin took a 162 off it 3 years ago. We learned along time ago to let them grow old, shoot all spikes and keep the doe population in check and they will get big anywhere. Pretty simple equation if you want bigger deer on your place.

·
Registered
324 Posts
pops

great deer fellas.
Hey brother enjoy your time with your pops!!!!!....
score is 50,000" on that hunt!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts