2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bride tryed to talk me into selling my boat last summer, as we don't use it much anymore. (can't fish during the week any more, and I hate the weekend crowds) To make a long story short, I kept the boat even though it still didn't move much. Had it serviced last winter to make sure everything was OK, and it was. Added new battery and did a water pump just to be sure. Fished a couple times this year, boat did fine. Last trip out motor did not sound just right or have all the power I thought it should. Checked it out and seems the float in one carb stuck and ran a cylinder dry for that trip. Compression on this cylinder is now 15-20 lbs less than the other 5. Sounds like a new piston, etc to fix it. Major $$$$$. Think I will just go ahead and sell it now. I hate to pour $$ in the thing to get it sold, but I am not sure anyone would buy it knowing they had to put some more $$ in it to be 100%.Any ideas????

2001 18' Transport w/ 2001 150 Johnson Oceanpro

·
Registered
864 Posts
I would get rid of the bride and fix the boat, but that can get real expensive too...... But seriously, sell it as is if you are going to sell. It is unlikely you will recoup the investment of repair or repowering.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.