2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometime ago txpalerider requested your prayers on my behalf. They worked and I'm completely recovered---Thank You All.
Before my heart attack and by-pass surgery I had posted a lamp I made from a broken Rod, I said I would be back with an update.Well during my recovery, as you might expect, there was lots of down time and I needed something to occupy my time.
With the help of a friend Jimmy Burns @ WATERLOO ROD CO. (who supplied me with rod butts from a bunch of broken rods.) I have made 10 or 15 "Reel Lamps". The reels are all Classic Vintage reels picked up from fishing friends & E-Bay. Here are some pics.
NOTE: The blue one was a special request from my son who is a Sears Store manager in Austin, Texas. That lamp has a Vintage reel made by Sears and is no longer in production.

Thanks again txpalerider for asking all your friends to say a prayer for me.
DAD(wayne57)

DON'T YOU JUST LOVE IT WHEN A DEAL COMES TOGATHER ?

Attachments

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Glad everything turned out OK with your health issues.

Those are really good looking lamps, makes me want to go break some of my rods and send them to you so you can come up with more masterpieces. Great work and unique idea.

-Junkie

·
Looking for Fish
665 Posts
Glad to hear the power of prayers worked for you and your back running at a 100%. Those lamps are absolutely awesome and every fishing junky should have one on their desk.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
reel lamps

I think it would be nice for all the fishing junkies have one to put on their desk.
Thanks for your nice words I appreciate it ----

·
Registered
54 Posts
Congratulations on your recovery. How much do they cost and how long would it take to get some made? I would love to get a couple for our office and some family members. I can provide you with rod handles to use. Please PM me if interested.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts